Sign in to follow this  
pryoski

Acquiring the deviant arts required to get FSX working ... it's a PITA

I've been flying FSX consistently during the last few weeks to give it a fair go .. and can see some of it's good points while flying payware (Flight1 KingAir 200, Aerosoft Twotter, Carenado C90B, ORBX FTX, REX + & EZDok) .. when I get to actually fly (and getting a consistent 30 FPS while flying .. I've got it pegged in Settings and it rarely deviates while flying).

I've tweaked and tworked .. following most of the recommendations (particularly the one suggested by Flight1 .. without which I just got a black screen with the KingAir), but MOST of my flights end in a crash of some sort (PC or FSX).

This gets extremely frustrating and I've come to the conclusion that learning FSX is mainly an exercise in learning how that venerable program works on a modern OS/PC. I have aged considerably during this exercise and my arteries don't enjoy the experience :P.

So tonight I'm going to get a couple of hours flying my hassle free X-Plane .. to sooth my frazzled nerves and get my flying fix of simulated flight ... in the SAAB, a soothing balm for my senses.

Cheers!

P.S. The reason I've posted this in the FSX forum, is because many of the hints and tips for FSX, I've gleaned or followed from here ..the source.

You came in to the FSX forum to tell everyone here that you are frustrated, don't get it, and are going to fly X-Plane? Okay, this is a flame starter. Topic now closed.