Sign in to follow this  
Cai Zicheng

Wing Creations RJAA: Insane Price

Folks,

Ok, well the RJAA is released. http://secure.simmarket.com/wing-creation-inc-narita-international-airport-rjaa.phtml

However, the dev is charging an insane price of EUR 35 + VAT. If the package is only the airport that should be charged no more than EUR 17 + VAT, look at all Aerosoft stuff. The Mexico City Xtreme, with both the airport and the city, costs only EUR 26 + VAT.

What's wrong with all the Japanese products? Do they ever care about sales?

Thanks,

Zicheng Cai

FlyTampa including city scapes is EUR 26 + VAT, as well (Hong Kong, Dubai). Recent fantastic(!) LHBP release by LHSimulations was EUR 20 ... incl.(!) VAT. No, thanks, Wing Creations, I have enough ...

Did you try out their Fukushima?

Zicheng Cai

Aerosim charges 37 Euro for their Kansai FSX, add VAT +"download protection" and the total comes to 56.72 EUR. crazy!

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

Guess I'll be holding off on Narita for awhile.  Perhaps I shouldn't have bought the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke -_-

Chris Sunseri

BTW, PacSim's Chubu is only EUR 20.80 + VAT ... and it's excellent!

Affirmative Ollie, I love it as well as Rarotonga.

Chris Sunseri

If the product screenshots show the scenery to it s full potential, that's simply insane!

I mean it looks like the scenery ends at the airport fence, and the texturing quality does not seem to be what I would expect for that money. 41.something Euros, that buys at least one ORBX region or two of the latest AS Greek islands, and those look much better on the screenshots (and presumably also in the sim).

Aerosim charges 37 Euro for their Kansai FSX, add VAT +"download protection" and the total comes to 56.72 EUR. crazy!

Yes, those Japanese devs don't seem to know what the market expect.

Zicheng Cai

Totally agree with the insane price, $50 AUD in Australia, that's half a PMDG B777, two Aerosoft sceneries etc. etc. etc. Have just bought as imperative to have a decent RJAA especially with the PMDG B777. We do have a choice though and I am lucky I can afford unlike a lot of people. We can only vote by not getting out your credit card. Their sales will be the true test. And knowing my luck will see it discounted this time next year due to the high price....

Anyway, if too expensive then don't buy.

Will load in the morning and see what I know will be an expensive luxury....

Miles

Anyway, if too expensive then don't buy.

Agreed, we do have our choice, but honestly at that price they made the decision for me already :rolleyes:

I'm not defending the price, and agree it's really excessive..... but to be fair the exchange rates and cost of living in Japan come into the equation.   If you look at the Aerosim scenery add-ons, they too appear very, very, expensive but I don't think it's the case that all Japanese people are are greedy; I suspect that if you compare exchange rates and cost of living, a EUR 40 sale probably equates to a EUR 25 sale to the Japanese.

....it does however pretty much price out their products for the most of us, who cannot afford these Godzilla prices!

........OR, my theory above is completely wrong and the few developers of Japanese scenery that we do have are cashing in on supply and demand :  charging higher prices because there is so little competition!

If that's the case; come on FlyTampa, come Aerosoft ; get some Japanese sceneries made !

Perhaps it's just me, but there seems to be a developing and worrying trend for pricier and pricier addons in general, lately. Particularly with the emergence of "hyper premium" brands (no names named).

Whilst I appreciate developers operate in a niche market and their products are becoming ever more complex (and hence more labour intensive), it's pricing me out of the latest addons and I'm not sure the marketplace will sustain it in the long term; users only have a finite budget with which to buy addons and these days it seems you can blow it all on just a couple of items!

There also seems to be much pricing disparity, I'm fairly sure the PMDG 777 involved a lot more work than some similarly priced scenery addons (not attacking anyone with that statement, it's just an observation).

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I own their Fukushima scenery and I like it.  It's just limited to the airport.  I agree that the price is high, but I've been to Japan, and it's a very expensive country for visitors.  I'm sure the developer has to make a calculation to get the profit it's looking for.  How many people in Jpan alone will buy this product?  Maybe if the developer sees the negative feedback to the price, they could adjust it, but who knows?

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)