Sign in to follow this  
Todd Moore

Air conditioning errors.

I have a problem, every flight.  It doesn't really do anything, it's just annoying to get a warning light on every flight.  The AC has to be reset, or it has a system error and sets the warning light.  I don't see anything in the manual about it.  Anyone know what I can do to prevent it?

This sounds very much like user error.

Are you sure the bleed air switches are set on?

Are you sure the packs are selected on?

Are you sure you entered the correct cruising altitude? (shouldn't really make that much difference, if I remember correctly, but you never know...)

I agree with Thomas - user error is suspected.

At what stage of flight does the warning illuminate?

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

Are you flying in a really warm environment? Either something is set incorrectly or you're packs are overheating. Or it could be something completely different. Like the others have said, screenshots would help.

I am using FS2 Crew, so my FO sets everything.  No matter where I fly, the errors pop up.  It usually happens about an hour into cruise.

No excuse! You are the captain and ultimately responsible. ;) Screen shot of the overhead and I bet you get fixed up.

I am using FS2 Crew, so my FO sets everything.  No matter where I fly, the errors pop up.  It usually happens about an hour into cruise.

Well, if that's the case, fire him and get one who can fix the issue :-)

Joking aside - screenshot of the AC panel would help.

Ah, figured it out.  The first pic is of the ac tripping, sometimes both systems will trip.  Usually, one at a time.  The second pic is of the ac system failure.

I have gotten the auto press fail mssg in the NGX. A pack or bleed trip is a comparatively common occurence in the actual aircraft. I believe you can set up the NGX with various failure scenarios. Maybe check your settings there. Regards

It might be a good idea to open the ENG BLEED valves... Just saying ;-)

That APU is really struggling to keep up. MAX ALT for APU bleed is 17,000'.

You done screwed up. ENG BLD ON, APU BLD OFF.

It looks like you're configured for a BLEEDS OFF Takeoff. Don't do that unless it's needed (or you're doing it to mirror some RW operator's SOP).

Matt Cee

I had something similar happen to me twice. I use the service based failures and emergency ngx. Had a flight on Monday from KMSY to KIAD @ FL350. Everything was normal and then my No.2 engine started to fluctuate, then the auto pilot disconnected and the FO gave me a "MASTER CAUTION - AIR CONDITIONING" warning. The No.2 engine went down to 55% N1 while the right bleed fault was illuminated. We went through the checklist and he said there were some problems with the first officer pitot tubes and other FO sensory systems. I went down to FL330 because he said that over FL350 there will be a problem if I engage the anti ice. I continued the trip but like the picture above, my pressurization display was nil. The rest of the flight was uneventful except that the master caution comes on. When I landed everything returned to normal? What happened? :mellow:

Spin737, 

Does that mean I need to set the flight altitude to 17000?  I'm curious, how did you know from that pic that I used engine bleeds off for takeoff?