Sign in to follow this  
rsperge

when I move to dx10 my PMDG ngx's are fliclkering/why/how to

For many years I have been using dx 9, like many of us.  On the otherhand, surely would like to move up to dx10.  Currently my system is running pretty good with fsx. with all the usual suspect addons as well.

My problem is that when I click dx10 preview in fsx, and then reboot the sim, my planes such as Pmdg are flickering. I use Nividia inspector for dx9 and I have a 780GTX.

In dx 9 no such flickering on any planes.

The reason why I would like to move up to dx10 is the issue about VAS, saving memory, and supposedly the sim runs even smoother.

I was really thinking about purchasing Steve's fix for dx10, but has anybody else had this problem with planes when moving up to dx10 ?  Secondly would Steve's fix cure this problem, cause I just don't want to throw $30.00 away or so.

thanks, Ronny

Yes. Its a lot of money but I took a chance and my PMDG 737NG looks just like it did in FSX.

You will probably need to do a bit of tweaking with NV Inspector and the FSX settings as well but so far, and I hasten to point out that I have only had it working for a couple of hours, I think Steve has done an excellent job.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

I haven't had that issue using Steven's dx10 fixer.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Ian, was your pmdg ngx plane flickering in dx 10 before you used Steve's fix ?

Sorry for the late reply, I wasn't following this thread.

I went straight into the Fixer and DX10 so didn't have it running on preview alone.

You will need to play around with the AA settings and NV Inspector to get the best results.

I am quite satisfied.

It is worth every penny, as far as I am concerned because the VAS PROBLEM IS GONE!!!

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

You can try the FREE DX10 shader patches here on AVSim (also provided by Steve) to ensure yourself that your NGX will not flicker.

I have used DX10 for well over a year and the NGX works perfectly.

But if you want to test it for yourself before buying the full DX10 fixer, try the free shader patches. It will fix it!

You can try the FREE DX10 shader patches here on AVSim (also provided by Steve) to ensure yourself that your NGX will not flicker.

I have used DX10 for well over a year and the NGX works perfectly.

But if you want to test it for yourself before buying the full DX10 fixer, try the free shader patches. It will fix it!

+1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

BTW, both my NGX and T7 do not have VC shadows. Jet shadows option in fixer is checked. Does anybody else have this problem? Default crafts do have vc shadows.

Did you add the VC Shadows to the planes with the provided DX10 Toolbox?