Sign in to follow this  
Groovin_DC-10

No Pitot Heat Switch?

I've been flying the MD-11 for a few years now.  I learned to fly it using the tutorial.

While in-flight last night, I realized the manual never talked about pitot probe heat.  I looked all over and I can't find the switch.  Is pitot heat automatic?

I think it is.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I looked all over and I can't find the switch. Is pitot heat automatic?

Pitot heat is automatically controlled by the miscellaneous system controller (MSC) if there is electricity being supplied to the aircraft. The anti-ice system for the air data system is turned on when any engine fuel switch is on. The system is turned off if all three engine fuel switches are off. The system will be activated only inflight

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Thank you, guys.  I just can't get enough of this bird :wub: .

I know what you mean.  I heard a podcast though from PMDG and they were saying that this is their worse product!!  If this is their worst then I can only imagine how awesome their best is

I know what you mean.  I heard a podcast though from PMDG and they were saying that this is their worse product!!  If this is their worst then I can only imagine how awesome their best is

To be fair, I think they may have meant 'worst selling' product.  Though I may be wrong of course.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

To be fair, I think they may have meant 'worst selling' product. Though I may be wrong of course.

It was their worst selling product. I guess history repeats itself.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Yup, I heard the same thing about sales.  It's too bad the MD-11 didn't get much love by simmers.

Honestly, I enjoy the MD-11 as much as the NGX, maybe a little more at times.

I know they're completely different (heavy vs light and long vs short/med haul), but just the joy of flying it is incredible.

I guess the fact it is not a Boeing probably swayed many simmers not to purchase it, but they are just simply missing out on not only what is arguably PMDG's best product, but a great aircraft overall.

Best regards,

Robin.