Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Changing fiber time fraction makes no difference for me.

Ok so recently Ive been having this issue where changing the fiber time fraction makes no difference in FPS for example if I set it at .1 I get the same fps at. 40. Also changing the setting used to allow better texture loading vs fps or vise versa now the texture are blurry when moving above 150knts. I have finer time fraction under main so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I could never get much sense out of that particulat mod either, and it's currently left out of my CFG.

Use this link to tweak your cfg file http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html. Some people will say it doesnt work or you only need highmem and thats it but it worked for me. I would be flying the T7 over orbx scenery and the ground would be blurry.

Once I use the tweak I have no more blurry ground.

The problem with all these tweaks is that until you identify where your bottleneck is, random bit flipping in the cfg file isn't going to yield the kind of results you want. There's no one "secret sauce" for FSX - it's very hardware and software configuration specific and has a lot to do with how you run your sim.

Backup your current fsx.cfg, then let FSX rebuild a fresh one and see what happens. Then add your most needed tweaks.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

It's complicated. Some tweaks works only in specific configuration or / and in combination with other tweaks. Use some guides, try different approaches, but choose one of them(one approach) - don't try to use all tweaks in the same time, becouse it's not gonna work. There are some realy good guides on internet, some people have worked hard to test  and find best combinations

so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

My sense is the way the fiber time fraction variable is not a uniform scaling from texture loading rate to fps.  If you set the value to .01 you will get widespread blurry textures, but the frame rate will be relatively high  If you set the value to 1.0 you will definitely lower frame rate, but not hugely so, but texture load rate will be dramatically improved.  I think there is a somewhat optimal balance point that, as the default value suggests, favors frame rate.  I think now, w/ markedly faster CPUs than when the engine was developed, it is possible the optimal value--in terms of smoothness, for example--may actually be greater than the default value of .33.  Play with this and see what you find.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X