Sign in to follow this  
hawkeye52

DX10 Scenery Fixer is Amazing (AMD 13.9 and 13.10 Woes Fixed)

So, I was a little ###### off since I knew 13.9 and 13.10 categorically are broken with FSX.  Now comes Battlefield 4 and the only way the game will run on my machine (2x 6870HD) is with 13.10 beta 2.  So now I'm stuck.  I either have 13.4 and get FSX but no BF3, or 13.10 and get BF4 but not FSX.  Angered, I head off to work. 

I've been reading about the DX10 scenery fixer.  So I have been tinkering with DX10 now and then with Paul's documents, but eventually went back to DX9.  I found out this evening that DX10 in FSX works fine under Catalyst 13.9 or 13.10 (I'm using 13.10 Beta 2).  But ONLY DX10, not DX9.  Elated, I go off to fly.  I come to find many scenery objects and AI aircraft are just grey.  Doing some searching on AVSIM I found that the DX10 scenery fixer magically takes care of all this.  I was a little skeptical but many people reporting that it fixes many many things.  So I dropped the cash just now and lo and behold everything is great.

I have the best of all worlds now!

1.  BF4 and FSX now happy with the same catalyst version

2.  I am fully utilizing my crossfire setup in FSX with DX10 and the new catalyst drivers, after jacking up graphics, I get no loss from previous lower settings and load on both GPUs even about 75%

3.  DX10 brings along some pretty beautiful effects and a smoothness not seen in DX9

I just want to say thanks to all those taking the time to report what has/hasn't work and to Steve for the DX10 fixer and to Paul for his amazing DX10 guides.  This post is for all of you in my situation and I'm just doing my part to report results.

I have an AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series and just upgraded my driver to 13.152.0.0, which was recommended by CCC. I have the DX10 Scenery Fixer and have not noticed any problems. I have been running with this updated driver for 2 days. :unsure: 

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

Yes, DX10 Fixer is a great product!  Many many many Kudos go out to Steve for his work.

Only issues I know about are transitions from Day to Dusk and Dawn to Day where some airport lights/signs/objects show up as black squares ... but this is a known issue and I think Steve is investigating on how to fix this also.  It's related to the time transition, if you start in Dusk or Dawn, you'll not see the problem ... only during the transition does it seem to manifest itself.

Rob.

Yes, DX10 Fixer is a great product!  Many many many Kudos go out to Steve for his work.

Only issues I know about are transitions from Day to Dusk and Dawn to Day where some airport lights/signs/objects show up as black squares ... but this is a known issue and I think Steve is investigating on how to fix this also.  It's related to the time transition, if you start in Dusk or Dawn, you'll not see the problem ... only during the transition does it seem to manifest itself.

Rob.

Good know, I'll keep an eye out for that

Only issues I know about are transitions from Day to Dusk and Dawn to Day where some airport lights/signs/objects show up as black squares ... but this is a known issue and I think Steve is investigating on how to fix this also. It's related to the time transition, if you start in Dusk or Dawn, you'll not see the problem ... only during the transition does it seem to manifest itself.

Have been testing the fix Rob, and so far, looking good

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Have been testing the fix Rob, and so far, looking good

Excellent news.

I am getting major tearing and spikes with Steves DX10 fixer. I have started a new thread here. Im looking to fix this because I have been through A LOT the passed couple of weeks. I cant get rid of them. Anything?

Hardware and software:

(Alienware Aurora R4)

i7 3930k 3.2ghz (OC'd at 4.4) HT enabled

ATI Radeon 7970 3gb

16gbs of ram 

Win 7 Home Premium

ATI 13.4 driver

RadeonPro

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

When you installed the catalyst 13.4 copy the atiumdag.dll from C:\Windows\System32 to your fsx Folder.

Then you can upgrade to Catalyst 13.10 and see FSX runs whit DX9 :-)

Hi Yorgos:

Would you copy your fsx.cfg, paste it somewhere, and then rename it as "Yorgos_fsx.txt", please, and then, using the "More Reply Options" at the lower-right corner of your reply, attach the renamed file to your new post, so that we can look at your fsx settings. The other thing you might do as well, is to correct your user profile pc settings to reflect the correct overclock - in one post you say it's running at 4.4-gig, yet your profile says only 4.0-gig. 

OK!

Thanks,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Paul thank you so much for your help. I will do this as soon as I'm buy my computer with my sim. I wont be all day today and possibly the weekend.....I will RIGHT away the second I can.....Thank you sooo much!

As for my profiles settings I haven't really looked into it yet. I will be updating all my information shortly. 

ELB729.png

Rob.

The day/night transition is fixed in latest build which can be downloaded.

Paul, I wanted to nail this thing so bad that I've come back home for a little while.

For the record my CPU is now OCd at 4.3Ghz.....Also this FSX.cfg it where I stand right now, .I have tried 10000 changes in it.

Right now my FSX runs so smooth and amazing in DX10 but then I get this artifacts...its the wierdest thing ever. I really want to just nail this :(

Thank you so much for you help!

I c your a little north from Toronto....Im in Etobicoke and East York Ill owe you Timmies coffees and donuts for the rest of your life! loll

Chat soon. Thank you so much for your help.

ELB729.png

The day/night transition is fixed in latest build which can be downloaded

In the office today, do you have a link Steve?  And many thanks for staying on top of this wonderful tool.

Ok Yorgos - here it is,

all the way from sunny mediterranean town of Port Perry....   :wink: 

Traffic, Traffic, Traffic....

All the Best,

peej

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.