Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Post your FPS! Comparison test.

This post will be useful to siimmers who want or plan to build a new rig.

So, I really want to know how many FPS you get in this exact situation. If you use tweaked DX10 with Steve's fixer, that's fine, post your FPS, good for comparison!

I'm using FTX Global and REX textures.

FSX.CFG - I don't use any bufferpool tweaks, only AffinityMask=14, HIGHMEMFIX=1, TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024, and WideViewAspect=True.

If these settings will affect FPS that much, I doubt highly.

- Default C172, straight VC view

- EGLL (Heathrow), Runway 9R, Stormy Weather theme, Summer 12:40PM.

- Graphics:  DX9, Single monitor (1680x1050 in my case), all checked except light bloom, unlocked frames, even in nVidia Inspector. What is the point of measuring FPS with locked frames?

- Aircraft: all checked except tooltips and aircraft casts shadows on itself

- Scenery: all maxed except water effects @ Low 2.x, ground scenery shadows unticked

- Weather: cloud draw distance 80mi, thermal vis: none, detailed clouds maximum density

- Traffic: everything on 0%!!!

----------------------------------------

Q9505 @ 3.5Ghz, GTX 560 OC, RAM 8gb @ 1660Mhz

FPS: 44-46

Thanks in advance for participating!

Cheers

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Every system reacts differently to FSX, even with the same hardware, kinda pointless IMO. People need to stop obsessing about FPS and enjoy what they have.

Best, Michael

KDFW

I know that mate, I'm FSX tweak victim. :)
Just wanted to know what FPS to expect with different hardware with the above exact situation. Just for comparison, mostly related to CPUs. When someone have very good CPU and lower FPS that someone with the very similiar system, you know that his FSX is not tweaked, but still you can see what to expect.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Comparisons are useful, problem is way too many variables in FSX.

Too many random things going on in FSX that you would have to first turn all off so as to not skew the test numbers (AI, Weather, ATC etc...but for a rough idea, still a steep challenge as Filter settings, base add-ons (Different AG at same locations etc) all will affect outcome add object and terrain shadows, detail texture, mesh level, water level, bloom etc etc.

And you are right, like you said, if good hardware but is lagging, certain things are out of line -> and for that particular FSX installation, they are all so different from yours and my FSX install.

LIke the Drzewiecki-Designed New York X package using the Highres textures, full AG and object sliders can work, but you have to turn Auto AI completely off, (as well as object shadows) because there are just too many streets to run that traffic (I wonder what the power draw is in real life just for the stop lights alone!).

Best I could muster but with a decent Haswell and old 670 GTX using AAx32 in DX9 was 22-29, but that was after also after turning off those settings, before that it was in the teens and very low 20's.

All the best mate.

UOAni.jpg

Every system reacts differently to FSX, even with the same hardware, kinda pointless IMO. People need to stop obsessing about FPS and enjoy what they have.

+1 No!!  +312!!!  Useless.   Don't flame, I'm not going to waste my time clicking the "follow" button.

My FPS tends to be between 1 and 999, depending on where I fly, how I set things up etc.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

The only way we could really compare hardware.

Clean default fsx.cfg

Same default plane

With a predetermined flight plan for XX amount of time

No addons

Gonna be tough getting good results without those conditions unfortionately.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

And  as long  as they got  the same  hardware,  and the list goes on

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Well I think the point would be to stress our hardware using the same test to compare results.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Well I think the point would be to stress our hardware using the same test to compare results.

Exactly. That's why I posted settings for the test situation.

Never going to happen and a total waste of time.

29 (Locked via nVidia Inspector).

I sure do love these threads.

I have sort of stopped caring about FPS. With my new rig the experience is smooth regardless of what the FPS counter shows. It is all about smoothness. I stopped obsessing about the number.

The 4770k + GTX 770 totally rocks. 

My rig stays between 30-40 FPS (w/PMDG 777). I use DirectX 10, as well as triple buffering (extra VRAM used for more smoothness). It's very stable, so I'm happy.