Sign in to follow this  
Robert McDonald

Get 777 to "not pause" at T/D (Top of Descent)

I remember seeing it somewhere in the PMDG configuration setup but now I can't find it. Can someone tell me where it is? It's annoying to have the flight pause all by itself. i'd like to turn that 'feature' off. Thank you.

One other thing- try as I might I can't seem to make the 777 start up with "inches/HG" for the altimeter, it always starts in HectoPascals. Anyone?

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

The option to pause at the TOD is found in two different places.

• First, it's under the Auto-Cruise section of the FMC menu. From the main page, select FS ACTIONS, then select AUTO CRUISE. The option that you're looking for is the second one on the list.
  • Alternately, select PMDG SETUP from the menu's main page. Then select OPTIONS, then SIMULATION. Go to page 4 and you'll see it on the first line.

Thankfully, changing the option setting in one location changes it in the other as well.

On the FMC CDU:

-PMDG Setup

-Options

-Simulation (page 4)

-Click on LSK2L to pause/unpause

Chris Sunseri

indyrocks, on 01 Oct 2013 - 5:34 PM, said:

The option to pause at the TOD is found in two different places.

• First, it's under the Auto-Cruise section of the FMC menu. From the main page, select FS ACTIONS, then select AUTO CRUISE. The option that you're looking for is the second one on the list.
  • Alternately, select PMDG SETUP from the menu's main page. Then select OPTIONS, then SIMULATION. Go to page 4 and you'll see it on the first line.
Thankfully, changing the option setting in one location changes it in the other as well.

Thank you for answering so swiftly. I appreciate it.

pinlifter, on 01 Oct 2013 - 5:35 PM, said:

On the FMC CDU:

-PMDG Setup

-Options

-Simulation (page 4)

-Click on LSK2L to pause/unpause

And thank YOU as well! Two great and correct answers - spot on! Gratitude!

Any thoughts on getting "inches" as the default Baro readout in lieu of HectoPascals?

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Any thoughts on getting "inches" as the default Baro readout in lieu of HectoPascals?

All you need to do is turn the knob over, It's one click. 

If this really bothers you, save a panel state with the switch in the Inches setting.

Though I have found the opposite, The plane defaults to Inches when 90% of the time I'm using HectoPascals.

All you need to do is turn the knob over, It's one click. 

If this really bothers you, save a panel state with the switch in the Inches setting.

Though I have found the opposite, The plane defaults to Inches when 90% of the time I'm using HectoPascals.

This might be a great thing to consider adding as a 'setup option' in the next product update. A configuration setting in the PMDG menu on the FMC. Barometer INCHES or HECTOPASCALS

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

This might be a great thing to consider adding as a 'setup option' in the next product update. A configuration setting in the PMDG menu on the FMC. Barometer INCHES or HECTOPASCALS

The problem is then "what takes precedence?"

The panel state or the FMC setting?  Since so many people utilize panel states, they (PMDG) go with the panel state over the Setup options, so the setting would essentially be worthless.

Load a PMDG panel state, change it over to whatever setting you prefer.  Save the state.  Done.

Kyle Rodgers

The problem is then "what takes precedence?"

The panel state or the FMC setting?  Since so many people utilize panel states, they (PMDG) go with the panel state over the Setup options, so the setting would essentially be worthless.

Load a PMDG panel state, change it over to whatever setting you prefer.  Save the state.  Done.

Thank you for the tip.  I will try it out.

Cheers.

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg