Hi guys

After 5 years, I want to get back to online FSX so I'm going to need a new rig, I've had a look for the past week for parts and my budget allows me to get something like this:

CPU:  Intel I5-4670K 3.4Ghz 6mb (Intention of OC)
CPU Cooler:  Cooler Master Seidon 120M
Motherboard:  MSI Z87M - G43
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Red 2x4096MB 1600 DDR3
Storage:  Kingston SSD 120GB V300
Video Card:  EVGA GTX 760 AC2 SC 2GB
Power Supply:  Cooler Master G500 80+

Is this machine good enough to run FSX with 3x 22'' LCD Screens with (ie. PMDG 737/777 in Virtual Cockpit) with all the major scenery addons with Display Settings at MAX or close? Also thinking of using my laptop to connect apps using WideFS.

Regards
Dan

If I remember correctly this is what is on the new desktop I ordered.

i7-4960 4.3 GHZ

32 GB DDR 3 at 1600 MHZ

512 GB SSD+1 TB 7200 HD

Nvidia Geforce GTX 780

I am totally unsure if the specs for the one I ordered can run FSX maxed out. I actually have a feeling I won't be able to but I am told with doing some tweaks or something you can improve FPS so maybe it will be possible.

Hopefully though your system will be able to run everything maxed out!!

If I remember correctly this is what is on the new desktop I ordered.

i7-4960 4.3 GHZ

32 GB DDR 3 at 1600 MHZ

512 GB SSD+1 TB 7200 HD

Nvidia Geforce GTX 780

I am totally unsure if the specs for the one I ordered can run FSX maxed out. I actually have a feeling I won't be able to but I am told with doing some tweaks or something you can improve FPS so maybe it will be possible.

Hopefully though your system will be able to run everything maxed out!!

If I had that desktop and I couldn't run FSX maxed out I would be happy because there isn't much more buy to make it faster/smoother.

Maybe I exaggerated, I really want a smooth PMDG Virtual cockpit with scenery add-ons good texture quality and at least 25 FPS, I'm not asking much.

Just wanted to know if there's anyone with similar specs to give me an idea of how it would run on FSX

Is this machine good enough to run FSX with 3x 22'' LCD Screens with (ie. PMDG 737/777 in Virtual Cockpit) with all the major scenery addons with Display Settings at MAX or close? Also thinking of using my laptop to connect apps using WideFS.

Don't count on running the system with everything maxed out under all circumstances with loads of addon's. If not because of the FPS, it will be the hard VAS limit of 4Gb forcing you to turn down the settings.

But in general, this system should run FSX very satisfactory.

32 GB DDR 3 at 1600 MHZ

If FSX is the only application you run, there's no sense in getting more than 8Gb. Theoretically 4Gb would be sufficient, but then you'll start relying on the page file.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

If FSX is the only application you run, there's no sense in getting more than 8Gb. Theoretically 4Gb would be sufficient, but then you'll start relying on the page file.

I will be playing other games also and I dunno the memory requirements for those so I figured I would just get as much as possible.

If I had that desktop and I couldn't run FSX maxed out I would be happy because there isn't much more buy to make it faster/smoother.

Maybe I exaggerated, I really want a smooth PMDG Virtual cockpit with scenery add-ons good texture quality and at least 25 FPS, I'm not asking much.

Just wanted to know if there's anyone with similar specs to give me an idea of how it would run on FSX

Yea it's actually kinda strange. If you go watch some flying videos most times the person who made the video will post there specs. Sometimes people with really good specs have pretty bad looking FPS. While other times somebody with from what I can tell with not as good a system the video looks much better and seems like they have more add-ons running and it looks smoother.

Now maybe the cause of that is the recording device I dunno but I would like to also be able to play the game with a handful of add-ons running and still get a good FPS where it looks smooth.

The add-ons I am anticipating on running right out of the box are FTX Global, FS Global 2010, FS2crew, FScaptain, PMDG 737, REX weather, and My traffic pro 5.4. The DX 10 fixer, and something called FSUPIC I think it is. And I read there are a few tweaks I can make to a fsx file that can improve FPS also so I will be sure to do that as well.

If I can have all those running or use those all at once and get good FPS I will be happy. I dunno if it's possible though.