Sign in to follow this  
OmniAtlas

Airline2sim training by real pilots

This seemed to me like the "grown up" version of AoA.

Really interested to see what their Boeing program has to offer.

If the price is right, how can you beat personalized instruction from a real type-rated pilot?

Thanks guys. It's a different kind of thing to AoA, a different approach and almost certainly teaching things in a different way. I learned lots from their excellent NGX training and I've since learned lots of other things from our own NG pilots, as I have from our Q400 pilot. When you get to the level of complexity of aircraft like the NGX, the Q400 or the 777 there's really no limit to what you can learn. Our real Q400 guy says he learns new things every time he goes to work - it's the nature of the beast. This to me suggests that there's probably more to learn (if you really want to know EVERYTHING), than a single course or training provider could realistically teach, which is no bad thing. It says a lot about how good a job the developers have done when pretty much the only person to show you how it all works is a real rated pilot! 

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Thanks guys. It's a different kind of thing to AoA, a different approach and almost certainly teaching things in a different way. I learned lots from their excellent NGX training and I've since learned lots of other things from our own NG pilots, as I have from our Q400 pilot. When you get to the level of complexity of aircraft like the NGX, the Q400 or the 777 there's really no limit to what you can learn. Our real Q400 guy says he learns new things every time he goes to work - it's the nature of the beast. This to me suggests that there's probably more to learn (if you really want to know EVERYTHING), than a single course or training provider could realistically teach, which is no bad thing. It says a lot about how good a job the developers have done when pretty much the only person to show you how it all works is a real rated pilot! 

Will you guys be launching your 737 videos/ blu-ray (my media of choice!) anytime soon?

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

This looks really interesting as have been basically getting some justplanes DVDs for the aircraft I fly to pick up any gems when they do the talk throughs or even just to see how the crew interact.

This looks really interesting as have been basically getting some justplanes DVDs for the aircraft I fly to pick up any gems when they do the talk throughs or even just to see how the crew interact.

Nothing better than this technique, in my opinion.

Perhaps that's why I've ended up with 41 Just Planes and ITVV DVDs sitting on my shelf!

Some can be mediocre and disappointing but when you get a good one, they're really great.

Saying that, very much looking forward to seeing what Airline2Sim offer. Looks and sounds very professional  :smile:

Will you guys be launching your 737 videos/ blu-ray (my media of choice!) anytime soon?

Omni, we're looking at few options at the moment, including use of a Level-D simulator to show stuff that really isn't possible in FSX, even though it's modelled. For example, one wonderful thing about the upcoming shared cockpit in the Majestic Q400 is that you can fly with a friend, you as PF and him as PNF, or vice versa. If you had an engine go pop at rotation then you've got a few seconds to get things in order until the Q400 turns turtle and goes in on its back, which it will do in a heartbeat. Trying to do this single pilot is a non-starter as if you start looking down to fiddle about with things, you're going to kill everyone. With the shared cockpit, it's doable. This is having a bearing on what we'll be doing in the training, and if we really want to go deep with something like the NG, how much of this can we actually show you and how much of it could a simmer actually use? We're still thinking about this. To answer your question however, the Q400 will take the rest of this year to complete and also depends on Majestic's schedule for the 'Pro' version of the Dash. We do have 'Bus and Boeing plans after that, but it won't be this year. We do plan on a Blu ray release, but we're still nailing the logistics of production, printing, couriers etc. HTH.  Our marketing effort will be appearing here on Avsim and elsewhere over the coming weeks so there will be plenty more info. 

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

This is somethign i will look forward to in the Q400, especially with the shared cockpit! That has me really hyped to be able to fly with some one else. 

PMDG really need to look at this and how its been achieved by Majestic in the Q400 and really bring the 73x and the 777 to life.

Good to hear the 737 is in the pipeline -- I am building a 737 cockpit so I am bias, but may check out your Q400 series :)

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Yes the Q400 will be the one to watch for this series IMHO, because the fidelity of the amazing simulation by Majestic will be well suited to a high fidelity training programme like this one.