Sign in to follow this  
flyinion

water shader question

Which file is the water shader checkbox modifying?  The settings are definitely working as I can change them and the water changes, but the Water40.fx file in the shaders folder maintains the exact same modified and created date/times.  I'm trying to figure out why my water looks nothing like all the screenshots I'm seeing and I want to make sure the Fixer is actually changing the water stuff properly.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

It's working fine then. All the shader config does is tweak a few values to change the water tone. It doesn't change the shader source.

I don't know what screenshots you are referring to, but all the other aspects of water appearance such as reflections are controlled from the in game slider ( and the water textures that you chose from addons like rex) and have nothing to do with the tool at all.

It's working fine then. All the shader config does is tweak a few values to change the water tone. It doesn't change the shader source.

I don't know what screenshots you are referring to, but all the other aspects of water appearance such as reflections are controlled from the in game slider ( and the water textures that you chose from addons like rex) and have nothing to do with the tool at all.

Sorry, screenshots around the various forums (like the DX10 Eye Candy thread in the OrbX screenshots forum http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/65152-dx10-eye-candy/ ).  Everyone has great looking water and mine seems to be this horrible light blue whether it's default or REX water color textures or whether I use default, Fixer, or something like FSWC Lite's version of the water40.fx.  Actually with the FSWC one it's very dark and splotchy.  I normally run on low 2.x because I don't need to see stuff like the land reflecting.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro