Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

How to load a FSX plan file in the Airbus X Extended?

Man, I've searched and searched and can't come up with a video or anything to show me how to load a plan into the FMC(MCDU).

I'd like to be able to do this as simple and easy as possible with minimal text input into the FMC. I don't wish to spend the time to mess around punching info in, I just want to load a route and fly.

Anyone know a site or page or file that has a good tutorial to show how to do this in AXE?

Thanks in advance.

You cannot load up a default FSX flight plan in the Airbus X Extended.

You can however, follow this process, which is what I do.    This process will give you 3 benefits:-

• It will give you a flight plan that you can load straight up in the Airbus Extended, without having to manually enter the way points.
  • It will give you a proper realistic based flight plan (unlike the default FSX plans which are very unrealistic in Europe).
  • It will give you the option of also having your new realistic flight plan in default FSX plan format, in case you also use FSX ATC.

Firstly, use http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/ and then take the abbrieviated flight plan (that's the bit at the bottom that looks something like this:-  EGNT DCT RAPUM UP16 NOKIN UN862 RETSI STAR EGGDeg. it contains the ICAO codes, waypoints and airways), then copy and paste that into either of these free utilities :-

=================================

simpler option:    

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/2058-axe-company-route-editor/

Or;

more complex but more features:    

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/1993-convaxe/

=================================

.. either of these will then save the flight plan you made in rfinfer above, into the AXE's FMC and it can be loaded using the CO ROUTES field in the FMC.

If you also use FS ATC, and want the same plan in FSX flight planner, you can use copy the same abbrieviated route that you made in rfinder and paste it into :-     http://www.simroutes.com/fb2/ParseRoute.aspx   ...... which can then output the route in default FSX planner format (so you can place it in your FSX documents and also load the flight plan in FSX too).

Hope this helps.

My - entirely unrealistic - approach is to create a VOR-to-VOR flightplan in FSX (with only a few VORs included) and enter them manually: The Airbus doesn't care whether the distance between waypoints is 50 or 500 nm.

This also ensures that flightplans match easily between FSX, Airbus, RadarContact, VoxATC, ActiveSky and other stuff - except for the Airbus they all use the native FSX flightplan format.

.. it can be loaded using the CO ROUTES field in the FMC.

Hope this helps.

But when I do this tons of FMC fields are still empty and need tedious entering.

Edit: Guess maybe at this step, I'm needing and looking for help how to exactly put in the CO ROUTE and the few steps after. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

But when I do this tons of FMC fields are still empty and need tedious entering.

Edit: Guess maybe at this step, I'm needing and looking for help how to exactly put in the CO ROUTE and the few steps after. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

I thought from your post that you were trying to load an existing flight plan into the FMC, but now I'm thinking that you're actually just wanting to know how to enter a fight plan yourself?

This is not done using the CO ROUTES field..... that field is solely for using with the process I outlined in my reply to you. (loading an existing route).

If you need just general help on how to get your flight plan set up in the FMC (eg.. a new flight plan or copying in the default FSX flight plan) then that it all outlined in the manual.    You start by entering the origin and destination ICAO airport fields with a '/' between them in the top right hand side of the INIT page.     If there are no existing flight plans for those destinations in the database, you then just hit 'return'.

Now go to the FPLAN page and enter all waypoints.

After this, return to the INIT pages to complete them.       Note that you won't get V speeds in the PERF page until you have selected a departure runway.   In the Airbus this is done by clicking on the departure ICAO that's listed in the flight plan page.  (Eg, there is no DEP/ARR page).  

My advice on this subject is to get a good RW type flight planner, ie FSCommander, FSBuild, or the free one (Cant think of the name). Or if flying in the states use Flightaware and get accustomed to entering the flight plans as they do in the real world. It really isnt that tedious and once learned doesnt take any more time than creating a flightplan using the default FSX unrealistic flight planner and importing. Plus, when entering manualy you know the waypoints and routes are correct or the CDU will let you knwow instead of being left flying in circles. Its not like the Airbus 320 does trans oceanic flights with numerous waypoints and routes.

.....don't people just have the choice? .. enter waypoints 'til your hearts content if you wish, but some have limited time and don't wish to spend it typing waypoints into a CDU.

I thought from your post that you were trying to load an existing flight plan into the FMC,  

I am and I do have it loaded however if I page through the many FMC pages, there are blank info areas or figures that don't seem proper.

Can I just ignore those?

I am and I do have it loaded however if I page through the many FMC pages, there are blank info areas or figures that don't seem proper.

Can I just ignore those?

Ah, those are just discontinuities.   You can click on the 'Delete' or 'Clear' button and then click on the gaps and everything will join back together.   The unusual entries are constraints and descent points etc.

If you're still stuck maybe show a screenshot if you can, and we'll get you sorted!

Happy to report the latest beta for Ideal Flight 10 now awesomely and easily exports its flight plan to AEX. Slicker than moose snot on a tile floor.

Happy to report the latest beta for Ideal Flight 10 now awesomely and easily exports its flight plan to AEX. Slicker than moose snot on a tile floor.

I don't think that feature will be included in the IF10 (sf) update. We will need to purchase the "upgrade" from my understanding of what I been reading on Steve's forms. I could be wrong though.  

Dear  Q_Flyer

,First I always I appreciate  your constant support and advise.

I have to say that I am very much puzzled by the fact that

​what Aeroflot call AEX simple  flight plane format is not so simple!!

I guess it was designed so you have to buy third party flight planner unlike FSX.

By the way the below links are not available anymore. that should tell something!!

Thanks

simpler option:    

http://forum.aerosof...y-route-editor/

Or;

more complex but more features:    

http://forum.aerosof...e/1993-convaxe/