Sign in to follow this  
pduck

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog with NGX/777

Hi Guys,

don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I use a HOTAS Warthog joystick/throttle combination along with a set of Saitek rudder pedals for my flying.

I managed to find a FSX profile config that I use which is awesome as it has thrust reverse etc.... but I do not know how I can set the switch's on the throttle to match up with FSX functions, like fuel on, start, A/P, APU etc...

Does anyone know where I can fin a good FSX config or real easy step by step instructions on how to set up.

The other prob I am having is how to get the view panning to work on the switch under the trim top hat on the joystick.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Phil

• Upvote 1

Hi Guys,

don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I use a HOTAS Warthog joystick/throttle combination along with a set of Saitek rudder pedals for my flying.

I managed to find a FSX profile config that I use which is awesome as it has thrust reverse etc.... but I do not know how I can set the switch's on the throttle to match up with FSX functions, like fuel on, start, A/P, APU etc...

Does anyone know where I can fin a good FSX config or real easy step by step instructions on how to set up.

The other prob I am having is how to get the view panning to work on the switch under the trim top hat on the joystick.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Phil

Easiest way is to register FSUIPC (if you don't already have it) and configure the buttons/switches through there. Of course, that costs a little extra money, but I have everything on my Warthog configured that way (throttles including reverse, all axes, buttons, etc.), and she is working flawlessly.

Hi Trevor,

many thanks for that.

I do have FSUIPC.

Is there an easy step by step way to do it in FSUIPC around ? I am not too bad with programs, but am the typical Kiwi bloke who needs some simple guidance :unsure:

And a picture is worth a thousand words.... :lol:

I'd also recommend LINDA without reservation. Artem & Guenter had a 777 module out within 24 hours of release! Fantastic!

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Hi

could you please share you pmdg 777 hotas warthoh profle as i using them and i couldnt get the reverse

many thanks

Guys, as per the forum rules, you need to sign your posts (every post) with your full name.

If you don't do this, I doubt many people will help you, and you even risk deletion of the post/topic.

I just recieved my Warthog and for 2 days I am trying hard to make them works with the PMDG777, could some one please share the profiles or steps? I can't understand LINDA

Jehad Hamdan

I don't use the LINDA.. probably should take a look but I haven't; so, what you are trying to do is program a couple of switches that are in the throttle that are used with you go into the thrust reverse region of the throttle movement. It's easy to do if you understand what you are doing. Also, FSUIPC has a very extensive user manual and an active user forum here: http://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/

The TM throttles are axis controllers exept for the reverse thrust action. When you lift the throttle and move it backward it stops being an axis and becomes a switch.  The PMDG product does not care how you program your flight simulator platform to recognize those switches, which is why I have recommended getting help from FSUIPC.  As a note, P3Dv3 will recognize controller buttons almost like XPlane and is easy to set up things like this.

Dan Downs KCRP

I don't use the LINDA.. probably should take a look but I haven't; so, what you are trying to do is program a couple of switches that are in the throttle that are used with you go into the thrust reverse region of the throttle movement. It's easy to do if you understand what you are doing. Also, FSUIPC has a very extensive user manual and an active user forum here: http://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/

The TM throttles are axis controllers exept for the reverse thrust action. When you lift the throttle and move it backward it stops being an axis and becomes a switch.  The PMDG product does not care how you program your flight simulator platform to recognize those switches, which is why I have recommended getting help from FSUIPC.  As a note, P3Dv3 will recognize controller buttons almost like XPlane and is easy to set up things like this.

thank you a lot for your feedback. I am really thinking to move direct to P3Dv3.

just question, can you tell me how you are using your joystick other than LINDA way? is it through TARGET?

really it's not matter for me to use just LINDA, I just need a working easy way. thanks

Jehad Hamdan

thank you a lot for your feedback. I am really thinking to move direct to P3Dv3.

just question, can you tell me how you are using your joystick other than LINDA way? is it through TARGET?

really it's not matter for me to use just LINDA, I just need a working easy way. thanks

I used TARGET with P3Dv2.5 and the other platforms (FSX/FSXSE) because it handled the switch assignments and much more so I didn't need FSUIPC. However, P3Dv3 and TARGET were incompatible and the TARGET forum indicated a fix would be available but it didn't look like something that was going to happen in the next 6 months which is when I discovered I could assign controller switches directly in the v3, yay!  That didn't solve a problem with key command assignments in PMDG where those are separate from the sim platform, so I had to add FSUIPC back into the configuration for those items where I wanted a switch on the controller to mean something to PMDG such as TOGA. It all worked out.

To be honest, the only time I use FSX anymore is for beta testing and there I would prefer not to get complicated.

Dan Downs KCRP