Sign in to follow this  
ant_1984

A2A 3D Lights Redux - Feedback/Best Solution to AI Light Blob?

The version 1.2 of the A2a lights allows you to turn off the light glow at daytime

I toyed around with that, but it basically just deactivates the landing light all together, not just the beam.

When you flick the landing light switch the light will come on for a second and then it flicks the landing light switch back off. Not exactly the ideal solution in my view.

So did you get rid of the plane light blobs or not? This thread is unclear.

And annoyingly enough, since my install of Traffic360, all my AI planes now have this huge light blob so I'd like to know how to get rid of them.

Has anyone tried the fix I posted?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Has anyone tried the fix I posted?

From what I understand, your fix is for the runway lights. Its the planes that are big white bulbs being the issue.

From what I understand, your fix is for the runway lights. Its the planes that are big white bulbs being the issue.

Negative.

The fix I posted will fix the issue.

So did you get rid of the plane light blobs or not? This thread is unclear.

The main culprit of the blob of light with the AI model was a particular model that has the landing light hard coded into it. The remainder of my AI aircraft installed thus far are not nearly as bad.

A2A lights did sort out the blob on all other models, I just wasn't sure I liked the light cone, so I'll call it semi resolved.

Negative.

The fix I posted will fix the issue.

The fix you posted from what I understand will fix the issue, but it also has the effect of reducing the size of a lot of other airport lights as well which I'm not sure I like. Like anything with FSX everything is a bit of a trade off unfortunately

The main culprit of the blob of light with the AI model was a particular model that has the landing light hard coded into it. The remainder of my AI aircraft installed thus far are not nearly as bad.

A2A lights did sort out the blob on all other models, I just wasn't sure I liked the light cone, so I'll call it semi resolved.

The fix you posted from what I understand will fix the issue, but it also has the effect of reducing the size of a lot of other airport lights as well which I'm not sure I like. Like anything with FSX everything is a bit of a trade off unfortunately

If you raise the values:

[Display]

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=3.75

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=1.5

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=2.65

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=1.7

The lights get bigger. If you have REX enabled lights you will need to replace the halo and adjust the above figures.

This is the way I fixed the issue and I'm a very happy simmer.

Ok I'll try it out again when I get a chance to see how it looks.

Thanks.

Ok so is there an easy fast way to get A2A 3D Redux lights in to my 300 new Traffic 360 planes? Running the A2A program only does default FSX planes it seems.

jbagEGAWFrpZE7.jpg

jK8PdlkjGSkYv.jpg

I refer to all the new 3D lighting as Lotus because Mike from Lotussim was the first to create them in FSX.  LL for Landing Lights.  If you have your LL on in the cessna you'll see the cone emitting from the leading edge of the wing.

One of the first updates for the 172 we change it so he cone of light is only visible at night and in low vis conditions Ryan.

thanks,

Lewis

Lewis - A2A Simulations