Sign in to follow this  
regisb

FSX code, PMDG evolving...We need an upgrade of FSX

We should start a petition for Microsoft to release the FSX core engine code so that someone smart as PMDG improves this to take advantage of the new computers in today's day and age.

It is just not acceptable to continue this way...

We all sim community should ask for the code to be released so that in good faith it is improved.

Microsoft can only gain in doing this...

Thanks,

Regis (A ###### off pilot)

Regis Biassala 

It will never happen.

Bill Gates was the Flight Simulator patron, and unless he digs out the cash to start a new one,it's dead.

It's P3D or X-Plane,and maybe Outerra in the distant future.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

"Microsoft can only gain from this..."  Yeah they already gained by already doing what you said, sold it to Lockheed Martin, ever heard of Prepar3D.  Its the FSX code tweaked and reworked for their needs.  Do you think they are just going to 'give' away the code for free just so it can be better.  I'm sure they would 'give' it to PMDG if they had the money and willing to drop it on the binary.

Now let this not start a P3D/FSX/PMDG war.

We should start a petition for Microsoft to release the FSX core engine code so that someone smart as PMDG improves this to take advantage of the new computers in today's day and age.

It is just not acceptable to continue this way...

We all sim community should ask for the code to be released so that in good faith it is improved.

Thanks,

Regis (A ###### pilot)

I agree but I know it's not going to happen. 

Mr. Gates please please lol

Yeah they already gained by already doing what you said, sold it to Lockheed Martin, ever heard of Prepar3D.

They bought the code for Microsoft ESP, not FSX.  Separate products, really.  Common misconception of simmers everywhere.  Nobody ever heard of ESP because FSX was available to the casual simmer.  ESP is what sim makers like RedBird used in their simulators.  They now use P3D.

They just canned FSX.

Kyle Rodgers

Microsoft would benefit from releasing the FSX (for hobby) code if they put a condition saying that the code must only be implemented in a Windows based or Microsoft original Operating System. And they could release it to a consortia of developers, also maintaining a position (at no cost) in the consortia. 

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

Just saying....don't shoot the messenger

Regis Biassala 

I agree with the Topic starter and would think the way computer tech is going, someone would benefit with the upgrades.

Personally I would not presume to say what Microsoft can and cannot gain from anything frankly.

That said I feel quite sad about what the future holds for the FS enthusiast. It is true that it is better now than it has ever been. It has certainly never looked so good. However, After following flight sims from nearly the beginning I feel we have been built up only to be let down by Microsoft. I wonder what I will be using to get satisfaction from my hobby in the future. If anything that is.

I never installed flight as I am not remotely interested. My aviation interest is that of heavy civil aircraft. It is this that I feel is somewhat threatened. I would love to know what PMDG think will be the future regarding this area of flight simulation. It seems that their products and development ties perfectly with my particular passion within this strange world of FS we visit in our spare time.

Microsoft is a business after all and they obviously feel flight simulator in it's previous form is not economically viable.

At the moment we can only wonder and speculate at best but fingers crossed eh?

Regards

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Google Prepar3d V2. Your wish has come true, at least in a couple of months it will.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

How, exactly?

Personally I would not presume to say what Microsoft can and cannot gain from anything frankly.

That said I feel quite sad about what the future holds for the FS enthusiast. It is true that it is better now than it has ever been. It has certainly never looked so good. However, After following flight sims from nearly the beginning I feel we have been built up only to be let down by Microsoft. I wonder what I will be using to get satisfaction from my hobby in the future. If anything that is.

Agreed - on both points.

Kyle Rodgers

Much has been made about how the core of FSX has issues with being 32 bit, not being designed to utilize multiple cores, not being designed to take full advantage of modern GPU's etc etc etc... Which really makes me wonder how much of FSX could really even be used going forward as it sounds like FS needs a 'from the ground up' rework. That's a question for highly experienced programmers to answer.

I wish someone could get Google interested in such a thing. They have the global satellite mapping, the money, the programming prowess and they would really annoy Bill Gates and Microsoft by doing so.

Google gave-up on many projects (early on the stage of commercialization though) because the concepts were not going to produce expected returns. Google Health is just one. I thought it had tremendous commercial future.

So, Maybe Google would not pursue this niche market.

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K