Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

How to assign SIDs and STARs

At some airports there are completely different SIDs for opposite runways. So if i set a westerly SID in the flightplan and VoxATC assigns a easterly runway, it does not give me a SID. Is this a bug?

Runway directions are probably based on the runway used by the AI traffic (my conjecture).

You can request a different runway after you acknowledged the first taxi instruction, though.

If this doesn't help with the assigned SID: Set up some wind in the 'Fly now!' screen to 'force' AI traffic using your runway.

Can I not give voxATC a SID and let it choose one for me?

Hmmmmm ...

- VoxATC has a 'alternate flightplan' feature - maybe that one can help?

- Basically a SID is assigned by ATC if a waypoint of the SID is included in the FSX flightplan - shouldn't that exclude most SIDs specific to the opposite runway direction?

- I've experienced the assignments of SIDs myself, when the SID would only fit the opposite runway heading - could this be due to a flawed navdatabase (Navigraph), a misinterpretation of correct navdata by Vox, or just a "developer's cheat" to keep Vox working, even if AI traffic uses the opposite runway direction?

Will need to gather more experience with Vox myself ...

according to the manual:

To be assigned a SID or STAR, your flight plan must have some waypoints that correspond with
waypoints in the SIDs at your departure airport and/or STARs at your destination. The assigned
procedure may vary depending upon the runway in use.

I it seems like I'm forced to include a SID waypoint in my flightplan?

according to the manual:

I it seems like I'm forced to include a SID waypoint in my flightplan?

That is for sure: Without the SID waypoint you'll receive a "after departure proceed direct ..." to your first "normal" waypoint in your flightplan. In that case, no SID will be assigned by Vox.

Chances are, the FSX flightplanner included a waypoint which coincidentally was part of a SID, as well.

At some airports there are completely different SIDs for opposite runways. So if i set a westerly SID in the flightplan and VoxATC assigns a easterly runway, it does not give me a SID. Is this a bug?

If the SIDs from different runways have the same SID 'end waypoint', then everything will be fine as this will be the first waypoint of your flightplan.

If the SID 'end waypoint' are not the same, then you will have to keep two flight plans for each SID and hope to pick the right one  :wink:

This will also be true for STARs, some approaches around the world can be messy that way.

VoxATC forgets about me on runway. Ready for departure on runway and controller says taxi into position and hold. It also says press 0 to request backtrack. If I press 0 it gives me ok to backtrack but that's it. I never hear from controller again. I never get final go ahead for takeoff. FO is handling radio. Any suggestions?

VoxATC forgets about me on runway. Ready for departure on runway and controller says taxi into position and hold. It also says press 0 to request backtrack. If I press 0 it gives me ok to backtrack but that's it. I never hear from controller again. I never get final go ahead for takeoff. FO is handling radio. Any suggestions?

I haven't been using vox for awhile, but sometimes it will tell you to hold for awhile. I have had issues where AI freezes up and does not clear the runway, so by resetting the AI I was able to get it to trigger. Sometimes I have had this issue when I did not pull the plane up far enough.