Sign in to follow this  
045nor

Tweaking and tuning tool down?

Had some problems with FSX freezing up while I played and after some reserach I found this forum and a link to a tweaking tool (http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html).

When I Try to use it i get the message that theservice is temporary unavailable.

Anybody else having that same problem?

In advance, thank you for your help!.

The link works for me!

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hmm so I understand you correctly that you are able to interact with the service on the page, not just open it?
Because the error happens when i click the "Click here to begin" button.

Why would we want to run the service?  Tweaking your fsx.cfg w/o knowing exactly what you are doing or what the tweaks will do is dangerous.  For instance, BufferPools tweak can cause more problems.  Why don't you just use the information inside the AVSIM Software and Hardware Guide (link is in my signature) which explains what each tweak will do to your system or the reason why it should be employed.  There are several tweaking guides throughout the Internet.  Many individuals who have used the Venetubo service, including me, have had unexplained crashes.  It definitely will not make FSX suddenly perform where you can turn up all the sliders and enjoy a flight.  It all depends on individual computer systems and what kind of fps you are looking for.  Of course, try it.  It might work great for you but be prepared to rename your fsx.cfg to fsx.old and restart fsx and let the config rebuild.  Good luck!

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Why would we want to run the service?  Tweaking your fsx.cfg w/o knowing exactly what you are doing or what the tweaks will do is dangerous.  For instance, BufferPools tweak can cause more problems.  Why don't you just use the information inside the AVSIM Software and Hardware Guide (link is in my signature) which explains what each tweak will do to your system or the reason why it should be employed.  There are several tweaking guides throughout the Internet.  Many individuals who have used the Venetubo service, including me, have had unexplained crashes.  It definitely will not make FSX suddenly perform where you can turn up all the sliders and enjoy a flight.  It all depends on individual computer systems and what kind of fps you are looking for.  Of course, try it.  It might work great for you but be prepared to rename your fsx.cfg to fsx.old and restart fsx and let the config rebuild.  Good luck!

Best regards,

Link doesn't work for me, also.

But, while it may have made things worse for some,  countless others (myself included)  can testify that it has made a world of difference,  for the better,  in FSX.   Some of us would rather fly than tweak.   :lol:

At the top, in red letters, the last change was December 2010. When I first came back to Flight Simming, the site was invaluable to me. Now we have better computers and better guides, so if you really want the best, most current advice, read the AVSIM guide (or Google search for Word Not Allowed's Tweaks or Nick N's). I can't deny the one time usefulness of Bojote's site, but it is a bit long in the tooth.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

@TracyQ..Yes, but countless others end up in the CTD forum, which Jim can testify too. It tweaks fsx to death, and when an issue arises, it is hard to pin it down.

With the latest hardware, and also many changes to the core of fsx since the hey-sus automated tweaking tool became available, it now has the opposite effect.

As an example, the tool changes the sound LOD from =0 to =1. That is a stupid tweak, as it effects the sound in modern payware aircraft, and third party sound for ai planes.

There are also tweaks for pre SP2.

You seem so keen to use it, that nothing I say will probably convince you, but that is your choice. See you in the CTD forum.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

@TracyQ..Yes, but countless others end up in the CTD forum, which Jim can testify too. It tweaks fsx to death, and when an issue arises, it is hard to pin it down.

With the latest hardware, and also many changes to the core of fsx since the hey-sus automated tweaking tool became available, it now has the opposite effect.

As an example, the tool changes the sound LOD from =0 to =1. That is a stupid tweak, as it effects the sound in modern payware aircraft, and third party sound for ai planes.

There are also tweaks for pre SP2.

You seem so keen to use it, that nothing I say will probably convince you, but that is your choice. See you in the CTD forum.

A little harsh,  but I take your point.  At the same time,  realize that I am lucky to get, maybe,  2-3 hours a week available to spend  on entertainment software.  The tool worked wonders for me,  with  my now aging Asus G74 laptop.  Add to that that I am really computer illiterate,  and I found the auto-tweak tool extremely helpful.

Maybe I should re-download "Flight",  and leave FSX to the literati? 

And, FWIW,  I can't, literally, remember the last time I had an FSX "CTD".

A little harsh,

Was not my intention to be harsh with you, just harsh on the tweaking tool. :lol:

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

The tool worked wonders for me, with my now aging Asus G74 laptop

Well, there you go!  That's what the tweaking program was aiming at.  Old systems.  I would not recommend anyone who has a powerful system to use this tweaking program.  Julian is right on with his assessment and I did not see it as being harsh at all.  Just trying to help you and many others.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Old systems. 

Understood.  Just remember that at one time,  my old system was "state of the art",  LOL!  

And that even my old system is miles ahead of what we had in, say,  2006?

Im not all for tweking games but in this case I have had problems with the game freezing up on me after 10-20mins.

Searched "for ever" around for a solution and I came over the tweaking tool and read that it could sort out my problems.

What ive done instead is to reinstall the game and I flew Gardermoen - Flesland (Norway) - Reykjavik (Iceland) - Heathrow last night and I had no problems at all so I hope the reinstall did the job.

Thank you for all your replies!  :biggrin:

The link is fine however when you submit your cfg file an error occurs :(

Windows 10 Pro | Intel i7 9700k @ 5.1ghz | RTX 3090 | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3600 RAM | 2 x Samsung Evo plus M.2.