Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

You guys at ORBX, are the BEST! Love the guy on the bicycle at KMCD!

That is SO MACKINAC ISLAND!

You always see people who ride up from the town, on their own, or rentals...to take a break, and watch the landings and takeoffs.

There is one  'aircraft type' missing though....a lot of people from the Greater Chicago Area fly to Mackinac Island in private rotors....  I always see a couple at the airport anytime I drive up there, and spend a few days...  One fellow and his wife (he's a lawyer in business law) 'twirls' over to the island about twice a month, as his wife loves the feeling of going back in time to the 19th century with all the horse-drawn transportation, and only that allowed.  I'm with her on that!

Well..back to the paused sim, with my Bonanza at KMCD...for a few Touch and Go's....... :)

Thanks again, Orbx...can't wait for the OpenLC's.....(foot tapping.....tap, tap....)

You sound like a pretty happy camper Mitch :P Can I land a 777 at Mackinac Island??  Suppose I better check the runway length first :lol:

Chris Sunseri

You sound like a pretty happy camper Mitch :P Can I land a 777 at Mackinac Island??  Suppose I better check the runway length first :lol:

Well....uh...don't run over the tourists, it would sort of ruin their day...and they also (in real life...) swarm the airport to use the bathroom and picnic tables. A lot of people take the 'mountain' tour or as some call it, the 'interior' ride...and the airport is the half way point to getting back to the town, and a cold, cold pint of beer!   Don't ask, how I know this...for I'm NOT TELLING! So, there!

Post Edit....was just thinking that we so far, have had 14 free and detailed airports for the FSX Global scenery. I'd say, that the $100.00 asking price is 'coming down' in a major way, and at a fast pace.  Orbx is giving great value to their customers, and this customer thanks them for their gift, to those who purchased!!!

Mitch

You can land a heavy almost anywhere, just set a massive crosswind and do a side slip + crab + stall combo landing technique and you can place the plane basically like a helicopter almost . Not sure that even works in FSX, you'd probably need an add-on.