Sign in to follow this  
flyingjafo

Thanks Steve, I'm back in the "Dog house"!

When FSX first came out, I spent alot of time discovering all the abilities of the new sim. My wife got grumpy as I was ignoring her a bit and Playing with FSX more than her, so i found myself in the dog house. As FSX got older and less exciting, I got out of the doghouse and all was well for several years until the DX10 Fixer came out. Thanks to Steve and you too Paul, Fsx is brand new and 10 times better than before! I'm addicted again and can't stop checking out the world in DX10. The wife is getting grumpy again and back into the dog house I go again! This time I think its worth it , You might want to put a disclaimer on your product :lol: ! But seriously...a heartfelt thanks to Steve for making FSX awesome!

Thankfully,

Jeff

P.S.

I've already warned her about the upcoming P3D version 2. Lol

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

Now...don't be BARKING up a wrong side of her....you may have the computer...but she knows where it's plugged in....and where the house's main panel is......

Now...don't be BARKING up a wrong side of her....you may have the computer...but she knows where it's plugged in....and where the house's main panel is......

Uh Oh!...You're right! :lol:

Jeff - Thank you so much for posting this! You have no idea how much this has lifted me.

The past two - three weeks have been a trial: I've seen so many negative, whining and plain ludicrous posts that I had pretty much despaired of the 'forum side' of the hobby.

Thanks a million - you've made my day!

All the Best,

pj

PS - Some small advice (from a guy likewise with a second home...) - you can get used to the doghouse, y'know, Jeff: put in some carpet, a bar fridge, a bit of furniture (like a desk) and plonk the pc down on it, an electrical extension and it can be quite comfortable...........

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

The past two - three weeks have been a trial: I've seen so many negative, whining and plain ludicrous posts that I had pretty much despaired of the 'forum side' of the hobby.

Ah Paul.

I am so sorry that happened. But its inevitable when something new comes out.. It is to be expected you know. I know you probably already know this..But still

Hang on there bud!   I got into DX10 because of you. Without the DX10 I would have quit FSX. I can't use DX9 with its OOM.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Aw... Shucks, Manny.....What can I say...? I didn't know that, and it just makes me feel very humble, to think that I could have such an effect. Actually - y'know - I'm still here because of your help with some FlyTampa KSEA files about ten years ago......   :lol:

Yeah..I'm not going anywhere. Actually - it might be a good idea to count the number of "rave" posts about DX10, as I'm pretty sure we only hear about a very small percentage of the "very satisfied" simflyers out there.

All told - I guess we're a pretty good bunch of guys.. 

All the Best,

peej

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Jeff - Thank you so much for posting this! You have no idea how much this has lifted me.

Thanks a million - you've made my day!

All the Best,

pj

PS - Some small advice (from a guy likewise with a second home...) - you can get used to the doghouse, y'know, Jeff: put in some carpet, a bar fridge, a bit of furniture (like a desk) and plonk the pc down on it, an electrical extension and it can be quite comfortable...........

Certainly not from me, regarding the Fixer...it is the best thing since sliced bread! Am I ever glad that I decided to drop the coin.....

Forget the whiners Paul, negativity is all they seem to know.  If the sun shines after a long long rain spell they'd complain about how bright it is.

Jeff, all I can say is balance your time lol.

\Robert Hamlich/

Yeah..I'm not going anywhere. Actually - it might be a good idea to count the number of "rave" posts about DX10, as I'm pretty sure we only hear about a very small percentage of the "very satisfied" simflyers out there.

Yes, don't let the negativity grind you down Paul. Especially the P3D brigade.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Keep ur head up buddy,remember when I was giving swimming lessons for PCs. It was you giving me another chance with DX-10. I havent looked back in over a year. Thank You and Steve both.

:im Not Worthy:

Dale Carnegie said:

"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving."

He also said:

"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain – and most fools do."

It was you giving me another chance with DX-10. I havent looked back in over a year. Thank You and Steve both.

I knew there was a reason why I am still single.....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png