Sign in to follow this  
Christian S

Route 2

Can anyone point to somewhere in the manuals or tell me how to use the Route 2 to set up the next leg of a route? Specifically, I can't get it out of "Approach mode" after landing the first leg.

Can anyone point to somewhere in the manuals or tell me how to use the Route 2 to set up the next leg of a route? Specifically, I can't get it out of "Approach mode" after landing the first leg.

This is not a normal practice by airlines. After the first leg you park at the gate i assume?

Switch off the FD's after landing.

Switch off the adiru at the gate and start the setup procedure again.

This is something we do on a multiplayer server where we basically land, turn around and fly to the next destination. No gates or anything ;)

But I'm guessing the "Route 2" functionality is there for a reason even if it isn't normal practice. I'll try turning off the FD's and ADIRU on my next hop.

I use it to set up a second approach to another runway in case of a wind direction change.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

This is something we do on a multiplayer server where we basically land, turn around and fly to the next destination. No gates or anything ;)

Kill the FDs, and just enter the new route on the RTE 1 page.

But I'm guessing the "Route 2" functionality is there for a reason even if it isn't normal practice. I'll try turning off the FD's and ADIRU on my next hop.

It's there to be used for a multitude of reasons.

If the weather is bad, I throw the engine out procedure in there, if there is one.  It's used to hold any alternate plan that you might need.

As an example, when trying to leave certain busy airfields, the controllers may reissue routes in case certain departure fixes are "cut off."  If my planned/filed route has the potential to be cut off, I may get a note from dispatch saying "plan for A, but keep B in mind because ATC has assigned it in the past."  I would then throw B in RTE 2, just in case.

Kyle Rodgers

When i say not used by airlines i mean that it is not used to plan another leg. It is however used as the fellow simmers above mentioned

Also rte2 can be used for etops planning alternates and destination alternate route

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

How exactly would you use route two to set up another approach or for etops? I find it hard to see how having an entire route in there could be useful for either of these surely if you suddenly switch to rte two the aircraft would try to refly it from the start because it still contains all the waypoints?

can someone explain it to me thanks

kav

Ah. I was in the wrong frame of mind. I was thinking of "Route 2" as "Leg 2" when it's really an alternative route you can keep on the ready. Thanks!

I find it hard to see how having an entire route in there could be useful for either of these surely if you suddenly switch to rte two the aircraft would try to refly it from the start because it still contains all the waypoints?

Put the plane in HDG mode.

Select and activate RTE 2.

Go to the LEGS page and move the proper fix to the top of page 1.

Plus, you don't have to have the full route in there.

If it's just for a separate STAR, or approach, or NAT, you can skip all the waypoints leading up to it.

I feel like everyone here is overthinking this.

Kyle Rodgers

Kill the FDs, and just enter the new route on the RTE 1 page.

It's there to be used for a multitude of reasons.

If the weather is bad, I throw the engine out procedure in there, if there is one.  It's used to hold any alternate plan that you might need.

As an example, when trying to leave certain busy airfields, the controllers may reissue routes in case certain departure fixes are "cut off."  If my planned/filed route has the potential to be cut off, I may get a note from dispatch saying "plan for A, but keep B in mind because ATC has assigned it in the past."  I would then throw B in RTE 2, just in case.

interesting , how about a video Kyle :-) ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

interesting , how about a video Kyle :-) ?

haha - good idea.

My computer is fully simless at the moment, though, because I managed to severely mess up my scenery (globally) by making a boneheaded error.

I'll probably at least get the sim and all my planes back in today because I have a backlog of videos that I promised.

Kyle Rodgers

Put the plane in HDG mode.

Select and activate RTE 2.

Go to the LEGS page and move the proper fix to the top of page 1.

Plus, you don't have to have the full route in there.

If it's just for a separate STAR, or approach, or NAT, you can skip all the waypoints leading up to it.

I feel like everyone here is overthinking this.

Aah , nice and simpel, Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png