Sign in to follow this  
pao

MSE Switzerland better than Swizerland Pro ?

Hi ,

Following my thread on the general FSX forum, I would like to post a comparison shot between MSE and Switzerland Pro.....  MSE is supposed to have a resolution 4x better (0.50m/pixel vs. 2m/pixel)... and frankly speaking....

Mega Scenery Earth :

480755shot.jpg

Switzerland Pro :

689733SWISSPRO.jpg

So I am fully aware that MSE is much cheaper BUT considering that resolution announced is supposed to be better..... 

too much, too soon....

well difference is obvious don't you think ?

too much, too soon....

I know where you're coming from Pao. I recently bought MSE Nevada, and I've gotta say that I'm somewhat disapointed. I know that MSE can only work with the source files that they obtain, but seriously they're not good enough to warrant the price that they are sold for.

I was looking to obtain all of the SW states of America, and spend my time flying around in this region, but after one flight around Las Vegas & area 51 I've decided it's a no go.

I'm sticking with the VFR Horizon series - even at 1.2m resolution, I think it's just as good (or bad) as the Las Vegas area.

Maybe you should show the same location so we could compare better?

... and from the same AGL, maybe?!?

Also, pls. note, that MSE is one sixth of the price of SUI Pro.

EDIT:

The AVSIM screenshot rules don't really help comparing, but ...

- Does MSE Switzerland look different from Austria X (1m/pixel)? Yes.

- Which one is better? Make up your own mind. For me, MSE SUI at less than EUR 21 (10% off Tuesday) was a bargain ... (US "government shutdown" DOES influence the exchange rate, of course.)

well difference is obvious don't you think ?

Really need to see a shot of the exact same location and at the same altitude and zoom factor). Your Switz Pro shot is taken from much higher altitude by the look of it, and as per my response in the other thread, altitude plays a big role in photoscenery clarity (of which the zoom factor is also crucial). Those shots are really not a good basis for comparison. Please post up some better ones and we can judge better :)

Also, do you know what the resolution of the source imagery is for Switz Pro? This is the important figure as photoreal scenery is often resampled to a lower resolution, but it's the resolution of the source images that has the biggest impact on image clarity and detail in the end.

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

Hi ,

Following my thread on the general FSX forum, I would like to post a comparison shot between MSE and Switzerland Pro.....  MSE is supposed to have a resolution 4x better (0.50m/pixel vs. 2m/pixel)... and frankly speaking....

Mega Scenery Earth :

480755shot.jpg

Switzerland Pro :

689733SWISSPRO.jpg

So I am fully aware that MSE is much cheaper BUT considering that resolution announced is supposed to be better..... 

MSE shot is so low you cant even see the mountains. Its annoying when people start new threads but cant even get the basic right 

ZORAN