Sign in to follow this  
yorgosGK

PLEASE HELP ME! Cant get rid of tearing and spikes from ground!

I have the excact same issue after starting using DX10(with Steves DX 10 Fixer). Its not every flight, and sometimes I only see some minor fickering and the rest is fine, but other times it goes completly mental and I see inverted water, vertical ground I can fly straigth trough and pure black/white noice just like your screens in your first link.  I've yet to revert to DX9, but I guess thats my next step. I also have a 7970 3gb, and my Bufferpools is set to off, texture bandwith is set to 1024 and LOD is default 4.5.

Any solution to this would be highly appreciated as the DX10 has brought my simmingexperience to a new high!

Edit: My CPU is OC'ed to 4.63ghz and I see you have an overclock going as well. Have you tried setting your clock lower by any chance? I know OC can cause anomalys but since all other games and the computer as a whole works perfect, I have a hard time believing this could be it, but you never know:-S

My GPU load rarely passes 40%, so I don't think my GPU is overstressed by any means...I did put an OC to the GPU as well, so I might try turning that down a notch when I'm off from work.

Edit2: I also see you're using Mogwaisoft Shade. I bought this and installed it along side with Steve's DX10 Fixer. Could that be the culprit? Or at least part of it? 

Sort of glad I'm not the only one one with this problem:-)

I just spent the last 10-12 hours re installing FSX with....oh my god. what a hassle. 

I used Steves fix as well....and then it started to happen. Im scared to install it now. I was OCing too but I think the only issue is that fix hates ATI card.....

Im going to try it one more time....and if it does it again we know for sure that is it.

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

I have the excact same issue after starting using DX10(with Steves DX 10 Fixer). 

Thats it! It was it.....I just installed it again and it started to happen.....

I deleted shade. and still did it. few minutes into the flight...everytime.

I need to post this now that we know! hopefully we can get a fix.

ELB729.png

I'm not suprised, but very good you got it confirmed:-) Does it help reverting back to DX9 or does it "stick" to your FSX in some way? Hopefully this will get Steves attention and maybe he can provide a fix or something. Where do you report it? On Steves site?

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

Same problem with my setup, I bought dx10 fixer, runs great for a few minutes, then spikes every time.

I have a 7970 3gb and msi afterburner showing 35% load, no excessive temp,

Using AS2012 seems to increase to unwanted effects 

does not do this with dx9, very strange.

I will try a fresh cfg and add one tweak at a time as suggested, hope we find a solution to this.

Same problem with my setup, I bought dx10 fixer, runs great for a few minutes, then spikes every time.

I have a 7970 3gb and msi afterburner showing 35% load, no excessive temp,

Using AS2012 seems to increase to unwanted effects 

does not do this with dx9, very strange.

I will try a fresh cfg and add one tweak at a time as suggested, hope we find a solution to this.

I'm not suprised, but very good you got it confirmed:-) Does it help reverting back to DX9 or does it "stick" to your FSX in some way? Hopefully this will get Steves attention and maybe he can provide a fix or something. Where do you report it? On Steves site?

I have started a new thread here...and I have posted on Steves blog. I hope we can settle this...its really annoying. Also Bionor Im scared to try and revert to DX9 because I have a feeling ill get a black screen like before my re-install lol.

I wanna to just fix this thing. We need to grab peoples attention.

Post here too guys and keep eachother up to date

ELB729.png

I just spent the last 10-12 hours re installing FSX with....oh my god. what a hassle.

I used Steves fix as well....and then it started to happen. Im scared to install it now. I was OCing too but I think the only issue is that fix hates ATI card.....

Im going to try it one more time....and if it does it again we know for sure that is it.

Sorry to break it to you... My 7970 runs DX9 FSX perfect. DX10 I get spikes. The more clouds... The higher the AA setting... The higher the water setting... The faster I see the spikes.

For now going back to DirectX 9. I still experiment with DirectX 10 looking for the setting that will work because it is smoother and it has the cockpit shadows.

in DirectX 9 I lock at 30 frames with Radeon Pro and I leave FSX at unlimited. My fsx.cfg is simple... Highmemfix, wideviewaspect and fullscreenvsync settings and B=0.

Radeon pro at 4xAA and supersample. No probs.

C.

I have started a new thread here...and I have posted on Steves blog. I hope we can settle this...its really annoying. Also Bionor Im scared to try and revert to DX9 because I have a feeling ill get a black screen like before my re-install lol.

I wanna to just fix this thing. We need to grab peoples attention.

Post here too guys and keep eachother up to date

in DX9, Tripplebuffer forced in Radeonpro causes black screen. In dx10 smaa enabled in Radeonpro causes blackscreen and crash to desktop.

C.

Yep, reverting to DX9(using the DX10 Fixer) makes FSX work fine again, so this definitaly is a DX10 issue...Just done 4 flights in DX9 with no issue, tried DX10 and the graphics went balistic again:-( 

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

Yep, reverting to DX9(using the DX10 Fixer) makes FSX work fine again, so this definitaly is a DX10 issue...Just done 4 flights in DX9 with no issue, tried DX10 and the graphics went balistic again:-( 

I have one test I have not done yet... 

First off... DX9 with BP=0 and DX10 without BP settings both have higher GPU usage compared to DX9 without BP=0. Of course BP=0 is no issue for my card in DX9. But in DX10... Spikesville dadio.

Then back in DX10, I tried with USEPOOLS=1 and nothing else and went nearly an hour without spikes. USEPOOLS puts load back on the CPU and reduces load on the GPU. So then I remember when I had a ATI 6950. I could not use BP=0 in DX9 because I would get flashes and eventually spikes. Especially flying TongassX.

In order to use BP=0 with my 6950 I had to drop my CPU to 4.0Ghz. Just for giggles I will do that and see what happens with DX10 mode. Can I then go further before I see spikes? If true, with 4.0Ghz still be fine with DX10 compared to 4.4 Ghz in DX9?

I will also try DX10 without the DX10 fixer installed and see if that makes a difference. There could be a Shader in there that does not play nice. One never knows!

Charles. 

This topic is locked as the OP has similar topics in the DX10 Forum.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10