Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

Red outline box of N1s

On climb this morning, everything appeared to work correctly, except that both N1 indication were boxed in a red line. No EICAS messages nor Master Caution light/wail. Unfortunately, my PC then had a BSOD with 'A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor....' so I currently have greater problems than red boxes!

I have searched through the available manuals but they have not helped. Any ideas?

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Someone else had this problem, I'm not sure if they described their situation well enough to get a diagnosis.

Can you remember what your thrust reference was? Was it in TO mode? Perhaps you exceeded max continuous thrust for more than 5/10 mins?

Jordan,

Thanks for your reply.

I believe that I did exceed max continuous thrust at takeoff due to fiddling with my throttles. I was trying to ascertain the reaction of the engine displays to my altering my throttle setting.

My query is aimed at trying to understand what I should do with the red line display once I have it. None of the documentation appears to address the situation.

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

I had a similar experience only a few flights ago.

I found that the only way to clear it was by pushing the Cancel/Recall button on the Glare-shield.

Richard- yes exceedance alert- should be followed by an IMMEDIATE throttle reduction unless necessary for safety of flight. Normally followed by a very very expensive hot section inspection and a VERY sweaty session in the Chief Pilot's office, accompanied by an equally sweaty Union Rep. ;)

Maintenance will confirm, and verify you have noted on Tech Logs.... after which she's towed off to a maintenance hangar and the cash starts flowing...... Not a routinely acceptable situation for a Captain.....

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

On climb this morning, everything appeared to work correctly, except that both N1 indication were boxed in a red line. No EICAS messages nor Master Caution light/wail. Unfortunately, my PC then had a BSOD with 'A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor....' so I currently have greater problems than red boxes!

I have searched through the available manuals but they have not helped. Any ideas?

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/422337-red-boxes-around-n1-values/

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Richard- yes exceedance alert- should be followed by an IMMEDIATE throttle reduction unless necessary for safety of flight. Normally followed by a very very expensive hot section inspection and a VERY sweaty session in the Chief Pilot's office, accompanied by an equally sweaty Union Rep. ;)

Maintenance will confirm, and verify you have noted on Tech Logs.... after which she's towed off to a maintenance hangar and the cash starts flowing...... Not a routinely acceptable situation for a Captain.....

The exceedance indication is primarily for maintenance. If you only have red boxes you are below the red line limit already. If above the red line the shaded sector on the dial will be red too.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Thank you, gentlemen. Great help.

Cheers, Richard