Sign in to follow this  
Hageneezz

ATC causes graphic microstutter

Hi all..

I have the following annoying problem within FS9: whenever i talk to ATC or when ATC talks to me the game stutters for a microsecond.(just before the atc voice sound is heard the game hangs for a very brief moment..it is almost as if my system has to stop for a split second to load the corresponding wav file..)   the sound does not stutter at all, and when i press shift Z twice and look at the FPS counter it does not stutter either, it`s just that the video pauses..

I am not at my desktop pc right now and will post system information ASAP..But maybe someone here has experienced the same problem and can help me fix it..The game performs smooth otherwise and FPS is at 29.9 almost all of the time, i have locked FPS at 30..I hope someone can help as this really spoils the immersion factor..

I would guess that you are using on-board sound from your PC's motherboard? (In other words you don't have a separate soundcard).

This 'interruption' can happen when your PC doesn't have a very powerful on-board integrated sound device;  the CPU needs to manage the conversion of digital information to analogue sound that comes out of your speakers ..... at the same time as it is doing other tasks (like complex graphics rendering).      ...... this can lead to the stutter or micro pause, when the audio task is called.

You can completely resolve these problems by buying a sound card that slots into a PC.   It will take over all D/A conversion, so your PC's CPU will then just pass digital numbers to the soundcard, instead of having to do the far more intensive process or converting those numbers to analogue audio itself.

You can get a Soundblaster sound card for about $20 / EUR 16 / £13, or even cheaper if bought used.

Hello

I also notice that atc can cause stuttering. I use an old Soundblaster live external soundcard and still get the problem of the occsional stutter when atc is active. Its not an issue that bothers me though.

Actually I don't use atc for flights (occasional use of flight following perhaps.)So an added bonus of that is an elimination of atc caused stuttering.

Cheers ANDY

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Hi guys..first of all, thank you for trying to hepl..i appreciate it..

@ Q-flyer....I have bought a soundcard yesterday and now there are a lot less microstutters, i does still happen from time to time..but now it is much better!

@ Horatio Wondersocks....Do you fly mostly VFR then??

@ ematheson....I do use editvoicepack but only to speed ATC up a bit, i haven`t installed a vcpmod.

@ Horatio Wondersocks....Do you fly mostly VFR then??......

No. The bulk of my flights are airliners/IFR.

I simply use FsNavigator, and ignore the default ATC. This has a number of advatages, not just the elimination of possible m/stutters IE no possible strange deviations from your plan, no go arounds, no interminable delays at takeoffs, long holds after landings etc etc.

Perhaps one of the main benefits for me is silence. When flying in areas like western Europe or the U.S. the constant ATC prattle and repeated calls to contact centres can be rather wearing during the course of a long flight.

I may use flight following occasionally if iam feeling lonely, and prog/taxi at destination if available.

Anyways that's how I like it, others will of course have there own sim preferences.

Cheers to you

Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077