Sign in to follow this  
fautleyj

747-400 EICAS mesage

Hi Folks. Does anybody know why I always get the message "FUEL TANK/ENG" in my primary EICAS display.

Everything looks good in the overhead panel. I don't understand what is causing the message every flight. Hope you can help.

Thanks

John

Usually means a fuel configuration warning. It comes on when your inner and outter tanks in the wings are about equal in quantity. I think it happens around 28000 lbs per tank or so. Shut the outter crossfeeds off so that each engine is drawing off of each individual tank and it will extinguish the light. My guess would be so the tanks are emptied equally. I'm not in front of the computer right now so which tanks the are I'm not sure. Bring up your fuel display on the eicas and you'll see what I mean.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

OK Thanks very much I will give that a go. Much obliged for your time.

Whilst we are talking may I ask you if you know where one looks to find the elevator trim settings for take off please. Once again I have hunted, but cannot find the figures anywhere.

Cheers

John

Going from memory I believe at the end of a proper fms preflight if you click on the button next to the cg% on the take off page of the cdu it will give you the proper trim setting.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

The Tutorial " PMDG 747-400 Tutorial Heathrow to Los Angeles International" by Craig Read ( http://library.avsim....php?DLID=98097 ) discusses this.  If you download the package from Avsim, you can just use the PDF lesson included to view this subject.

Dave Hinson