Sign in to follow this  
Rickie Welsh

answer to a general question

Hello All,  I didn't know where to look for an answer, so I hope Admin. will allow this.  Airac1310 has changed the Runways for Calgary CYYC i.e. RW10 is now RW11.  Using Airport FacilitatorX I changedRW10 to 11 which is shown in FSMap, however when using FSX interface and selecting airports CYYC still shows RW10 but when selecting this, the runway threshold shows RW11. Can anyone explain how this can be rectified.  Many Thanks.  Richard Welsh.

Hi it may be worth you reading the pined magnetic variation thread at the top of this forum

You should really post this at an appropriate place (i.e. scenery design forum).

I know the answer, but principially it would be wrong of me to reward incorrect placement. It does not have anything to do with magvar updates though, it is AF thing.

Only an updated AFCAD will fix that. See if there is one in the Avsim library. If using a pay ware airport, email the designer (after checking their website). Google Pete Dowson's "make runways" to update RAAS. All that said, this probably isn't the best sub-forum.....

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Hello Nixon,  I took your advice and downloaded and installed the update, but nothing h

as changed. 

Hello Fabo,  Your principals are commendable.

Hello Carl,  You will see in the post that I did use an AFCAD device to make the change.

I  agree with your sentiments that this Forum is probably not the right place for this Post but under the circumstances I felt I had no place to turn.  I am indebted to the Admin. for their consideration.  Richard Welsh.

Hello Ryan,  Avsim sent me an email from a Gent who supplied me with the relative data to install a fix into FSX which I installed and the dropdown runways at cyyc are all changed.  Civility costs nothing eh.  Richard Welsh.

Hello Everyone,  Just to say as far as I am concerned, the Post has come to a successful conclusion.  Thanks to all.  Richard Welsh.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "PMDG General Forum" to "MS FSX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.