Sign in to follow this  
ronsavage

Turboprop/Light Jet Suggestion

I've been away from the avsim community for a few years now so I have missed a few things. I'm looking for the best quality turboprop or light jet add on available for fsx ... With realism in relation to the actual ac being my priority.

Also I'm old school and prefer 2d panels.

Any recommendations would be great !

Thx in advance

Ryan

-Majestic Dash 8 Q400

-Flight1 King Air B200

-If you want the best rendition of a GA plane, then it would be worth looking into the new RealAir Duke B60 v2

I don't think these have 2d panels, very few do nowadays, but their vc's are exceptional and the systems modeling are very accurate.

Dave Scalora

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

The Majestic Dash 8 is really fun to fly, plus its good on frame rates

Out of the best ones, I think only the Majestic would have a VC. If you've been away from FS for a couple of years I think you should give the VC another try.

It's your choice of course, just a friendly suggestion.

Good point from Lee. But the Q400 VC is great, although you may have to wait for the Pro edition to get the 2D panels you've wanted. Well it says '2D panels', so I think it means more 2D flying since, currently, you only have the displays, the radios and the FMC as 2D popup. No full cockpit.

But, as said, the VC is really good and they also took care of the clickspot placement to be reasonable.

Mind you that the VC avoidance will keep you away from fine planes like the PMDG J41. VC only, but a good one.

These two are very realistic, most systems simulated, good modelling of engines (beyond FS default turboprop simulation):

• Majestic Q400 - but no 2D panel until the Advanced version come out, other than MFD and FMS popups.
  • PMDG Jetstream 41 - no 2D panels other than FMS and radios.
  • RealAir Simulations Turbine Duke

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I would include the twin otter extended from aerosoft, the model is fantastic, the virtual cockpit too, and the way they designed the checklist procedures is really good. Tomorrow you will have the razbam metroliner for sale too, but I don,t know if will be a complex add on, will see.

Ooh yes, I forgot about the Twotter! Razbam's Metroliner is looking good, but neither that or the Twotter have an FMS if you require one.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Yes! My Metroliner preorder download should be available tomorrow, can't wait.

Again though, no 2d.

If you've been away for a couple of years if I may make another suggestion. I would take a look at OPUS. It's a fabulous weather engine but also has a very good camera addon thingy. Think EZdok just refined and more realistic, you can move around easily once you make views so it might negate your need for a 2d panel.

Also 99% of addons have 2d panels for the avionics which might help.

Lee

Ditto on the VC vs 2d cockpits. It is not often that you will find a top notch addon with 2d. It takes a little getting used to, but I think you will find that once the transition is made you wont miss the 2d. It is just different.  Welcome back.