Sign in to follow this  
JohnSmith

PMDG 737 Autopilot Won't Engage After First Flight

Hello. I have the PMDG 737NGX. Usually my first flight goes well. After I land and am setting up everything for my next flight, I triple-check EVERYTHING and ensure that the route is correct and active and that everything is configured properly. However, once I get in the air, the autopilot simply won't engage. Sometimes I try to manually navigate to my route and try to engage it but that still doesn't work. Does anyone know what's going on?

The "sometimes I try to navigate manually" tells me you might have REALISTIC engagement on. If so, realistic parameters are needed. Make sure your flight path is stable, FD crosshairs centered and no trim needed,..... Then try again.... Let us know.....

FWIW I always restart FSX between flights- probably completely unnecessary.... But that's what I do.....12 hrs or 50 minutes..... I restart.

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Make sure you are in trim (probably fine if it worked first flight) and that you disengaged it correctly (so you did not break it by using too much deflection on yoke before it was off)

You probably already checked this, but as one poster said - check your trim.   You can also override this realistic feature within your PMDG settings Options page via your CDU. 

Hi,

it may sound "stupid" but have you checked the position of your "A/P disengage bar" on the glareshield ...

I had a that problem during a flight into a fised based simulator ...( :( )..My copilot having forgot to check that control position during preflight ( I was too far to chek it by myself being on his side...)

Ciao

Andrea B.

After First Flight

Did you recycle the flight directors?

The "sometimes I try to navigate manually" tells me you might have REALISTIC engagement on. If so, realistic parameters are needed. Make sure your flight path is stable, FD crosshairs centered and no trim needed,..... Then try again.... Let us know.....

FWIW I always restart FSX between flights- probably completely unnecessary.... But that's what I do.....12 hrs or 50 minutes..... I restart.

It looks like this was my issue. I was always trying to engage it while climbing. Thanks for the help! :)

Climbing is FINE- just make sure you are trimmed and following the FD.

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper