Sign in to follow this  
koala63

Advice MD82 Maddog, buy or no buy?

Gotta pull the sliders back and turn off addon airports/some scenery because the Maddog is the heaviest hitter when it comes to performance and FPS.

This^   Horrible performance and dated graphics.

Matt Wilson

Just to add a bit...It is an older plane in real life and the cockpit relects that, I have no problem with the graphics or the performance.

Setting it up for shared cockpit is a bit of a pain but well worth the time if thats what you are looking for. I have flown many FSX planes in shared cockpit and this is the ONLY one that has full functionality, including the FMC, as far as I know.

It was not only ahead of its time before, it still is, you will have a ball

Jay

I bought it and i will do my first fly tonight after learning the manual this afternoon :)

I just putted it in an airport with scenery which i have and my FPS don't shutdown, it seem to be good for my next flights.

Good luck then. And if your blow your first engine sooner or later, don't be ashamed. I think that's about the most typical starting impression the plane gives you. When the gauges numbers start to flash, you have a few seconds though. ^_^

Well, as you see, fun is about to take place.

And if your blow your first engine sooner or later,

Right of passage for all Maddog Pilots - especially those who love to slam those black thingies with handles as far forward as they can go - as fast as you possibly can!

For the IP:  Welcome to the Maddog community. Stick with this beauty and it will be an amazing experience. Our group makes about 12 Maddog shared cockpit flights per week or more on VATSIM, and we love to hear about others who are doing that. Such a tremendous experience!

By the way, the Maddog is VERY accurate to the RW Continental Manuals and procedures and high 90 percentile for the Delta MD-88 manuals. Use those for your Maddog flights (we use the Continental) and you'll learn a lot more about this incredible sim and the aircraft it's modeled for.

Good luck, and welcome to the Maddog community!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I bought it last night and it's amazing.  buy it.

here's proof:

Dear Customer,

thank you for shopping at simMarket.com!

ORDER Number: *********
(Please refer to this number in any future correspondence)

Our large product base includes various forms of product delivery. This information can be found in the INFORMATION BOX shown in each product description page of the shop. If you are unsure how your product delivery method is please check there first. Follow this link to see your order details, retrieve registration keys and for links for Direct Download Delivery:

Order Date:Friday 04 October, 2013

Products Ordered:

1 x LSH - FLY THE MADDOG PROFESSIONAL V3.3 () = EUR 28.56
        Delivery Method Direct Download
        Sold by Leonardo Software
        Information/Your Registration Key:
Sub-Total: EUR 28.56
included Tax: EUR 0.00
Total: EUR 28.56

version 3.3 has updated graphics that need to be enabled with sliders in the config panel. At max settings it looks great.

This^   Horrible performance and dated graphics.

on new i7's it runs very fast, over 40fps max settings on my pc.

That Q400 is shocking. Cannot wait for Pro version. Can you upgrade from Pilot version to Pro for the cost difference?

version 3.3 has updated graphics that need to be enabled with sliders in the config panel. At max settings it looks great.

The graphics they're talking about is from the 2006 / 2008 version.  The graphics have not been updated in several years, but there are plans to do so.  Well, some of us have added alpha textures and a virtual cockpit modification, but nothing official.

Still, the flight desk is very nice indeed, and as I posed (number 2 above) it is reflective of the real aircraft, which is an older design.

Good luck!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

by the way, I also bought the FSL CONCORDE X this week.... :O  wow! now that's a study sim, get rid of the wife for a few days :lol: ...payware sim.  The Concorde is the best plane in my hangar.  Latest version looks amazing.

I do my first fly with it ! love his weather radar and terrain mode, good FPS too :)

But i have one big problem with "VNAV PERF unvailable" shortly after take off when i switch to activate it.

In the tutorial flight they say "enter ZFW, FUEL/SHED, reserves and CI.

They leave the CRZ/WIND, ISA DEV and T/O OAT full empty, but im sure i have to put another here...

So i do exactly the same but i load it with Fs passnger and full fuel, i done that:

FUEL/SHED 16.0/N

ZFW             65.1   (51 in the flight example)

CI                 50

FL                260

All was fine after take off AP ON, NAV switched but at 1500ft switched on VNAV and got this error.Any suggestion? ;)

Check that you have speeds calculated in FMC(check legs page, there should be speeds and FL for each waypoint after you finish with FMC), you have probably missed one step. I can't remember now exactly, but i know this happened to me long time ago when i started to use Maddog :) 

Take a look here http://forum.avsim.net/topic/275064-flying-the-maddog-md-80/ and try to find Maddog "quick n dirty guide" by Paul J! It's important, this plane has a very few buggs, and you need to read this to avoid them, like - allways load default cessna and shut down everything before loading maddog... etc. You need to do a couple of things before each flight, but is very rewarding.

Amazing plane BTW!

I see Rafik was on a shopping spree.  :biggrin:  Thanks for confirming the purchase, lol. But seriously, Maddog and Concorde together should keep you busy for years to come. And both are not that easy to learn.

VNAV PERF unvailable. Mmm, missing data, discontinuity. I don't recall the message from memory and only found some old threads on lack of data and/or wrong weights. http://www.flythemaddog.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6763

Thanks for all answers, i will check all my speeds and weight and go to the "quick n dirty guide" :)

Thanks for all answers, i will check all my speeds and weight and go to the "quick n dirty guide" :)

Thanks for the Quick n Dirty plug, Zeljko!  :lol:

It's here, Koala, along with a few odds n ends, but sorry - there's nothing in the guide about the issue which you're having.. I did note, however, in your post you say " i load it with Fs passnger and full fuel, "

so...

1). I assume that you have the "Pro" version 3.3, correct?

2). In the "Setup", prior to launching the flight - which Panel model did you choose?

3). Are you using "FS Passengers" (from here), as that will most definitely mess up the MD-80 loading.. and..

4). Full Fuel??   Can you correct or confirm these statements?

Thanks,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.