Sign in to follow this  
Marky_B69

PMDG 747-400 Version 2.0

PMDG today announced the soon to commence BETA testing of their eagerly

anticipated B777 and surprised everyone by announcing that the next version of their

venerable B747, Version 2.0, will follow shortly thereafter. Both will be released within

a month or two of each other.

any news about it ... ?  B)

No official word from the over-lords at PMDG.  We'll have to wait and watch.  I hope once T7 polishing is done we will hear something about the 747v2 and the NGX additions/service packs..

Until then just enjoy the NGX and T7. 

As PMDG would say, it will be done when its done.

There was no official timeline for 747v2, definitely not month or two after 777.

I believe the Aerowinx PSX will be the reference, when released....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

J.C.

I believe that the PMDG 744 V2 will be nothing at all like the PSX.

To start with, PSX is not based on FSX at all. It is entirely written in Java, takes object oriented programming to such an extreme with TCP/IP interfaces that any part of it can be run on any computer anywhere. It also includes a tutor station from which virtually any scenario can be created, including two remote pilots in a cockpit. It relies on an interface program to drive FSX scenery.

I cannot understand why anyone would want a follow-on product from PMDG until the PMDG 777 is completely mastered. In my case, that will be many months of utter enjoyment.

The PMDG work on the B777 is nowhere near completion, from my understanding, what with the addition of the -300 models, additional engine types, CPDLC, electronic flight bag and weather radar. And who knows what other surprises are still to be delivered?

Marky_B68: I am sure that it is quite annoying for forum readers to repeatedly have to read items that read like "Mum, I want another toy, and I want it now!".

There, I feel a lot better for having that off my chest.

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

I think the 747v2 will be a bit further off, probably to next year. This is based on Ryan's earlier comments in the Ops Center thread.

I'm guessing the -300ER will be available at around the holiday/new year period, the 747v2 sometime next year, and then the -200ER. (I'm hoping we'll see the 777-200A but that's a bit of wishful thinking) I hope they'll include the taxi cameras for the -300ER as the 777 is lacking a real "killer app" compared to the NGX's HUGS and Terrain mode. 

As for the DC-6 I have no idea what's going to happen to that project.

Marky_B68: I am sure that it is quite annoying for forum readers to repeatedly have to read items that read like "Mum, I want another toy, and I want it now!".

And here we go again. Based on an earlier quotation, an innocent party politely asks a question and gets a rude response. If you don't like the question then simply ignore it.

To start with, PSX is not based on FSX

I know - I'm a PS1 user :-), since it's release, long ago :-)  and looking fwd for PSX... In the meanwhile, really enjoying this PMDG 777, of course ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Apologies for not recognising you, JC.

Likewise I was a PS1 flyer for many years. I was converted to the PMDG 747-400 when it was new, and I had not to worry about DOS complications any longer. Now I have converted to the B777, so probably won't be returning to the B744 any time, although I do miss The Queen.

Regards, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Apologies for not recognising you, JC.

No problem :-)  I easily recognized you from the PS1 forums :-)

I used to use the PS1 with FS9 and then FSX for the visuals, thx to those mighty apps by Jeoren, Ivan et al... Good old times ... Ten I also bought the PMDG 744, great model of course!

Main Simulation Rig:

Maybe but you wouldn't say no would you? Walk past the aisle with that spanky new toy on the shelf and not pick it up?

Yes I would. I'm sticking with the T7, come what may.

Cheers, Richard

747v2 im really excited for, no desire to buy the 777 at all.

Me too. Skipping the 777 and purchasing the 747 on day one. Make no mistake lol

777-300ER

777-200ER

[hopefully then the A and B model's]

747-400V2

747-8 .

I would guess that;s the timeline

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK