Sign in to follow this  
Marky_B69

PMDG 747-400 Version 2.0

For a regular human being:

Shortly thereafter = Just a few weeks, maybe even a few months.

For PMDG:

Shortly thereafter = More than 1 year and then some.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

So it starts... All over again lol

PMDG today announced the soon to commence BETA testing of their eagerly

anticipated B777 and surprised everyone by announcing that the next version of their

venerable B747, Version 2.0, will follow shortly thereafter.

Where is that quote from?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana Palmer

KJAC

Hmm, can't find a date but it's a fairly old post. I don't think it's going to be that soon. Just judging that there really haven't been any progress reports or pics as of recent.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana Palmer

KJAC

The announcement is still open for comments ...   :P

Seriously(?!?):

Captain Robert S. Randazzo is one of the most optimistic human beings on this planet (and so, BTW, is Aerosoft's Mathijs Kok), when it comes to release date estimates!

The announcement is still open for comments ...   :P

Seriously(?!?):

Captain Robert S. Randazzo is one of the most optimistic human beings on this planet (and so, BTW, is Aerosoft's Mathijs Kok), when it comes to release date estimates!

When will it be released?

In 2012!

... er it's already 10 months into 2013.

oh... in that case SOON!  :lol:

:rolleyes:

I'm just hoping the 777 fixes will be released ASAP! Take one release at a time.

Hey we have a 777 fix on the way. GIVE US 747!

oh and a 777-300ER too. GIVE US DC6!

And right after that 737NGX Service pack 2. GIVE US 787!

patience. have some.

A320! A380! A330! IL76! Gulfstream IV! A350! 717! MD90! 767-400! CRJ700! Dash-8! 737NEO! 777-400XLR! NASA Space Shuttle painted in an Air Timbuktu regional livery like this picture of a Saab 340 I have taken without permission from airliners.net!

Trent,

If you're not careful, you will receive some ire about poring cold water on those who constantly require new presents!

I, for one, am happy to await whatever marvels the PMDG crew can manage.

Cheers, R

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Trent,

If you're not careful, you will receive some ire about poring cold water on those who constantly require new presents!

I, for one, am happy to await whatever marvels the PMDG crew can manage.

Cheers, R

Hello Richard

It is now clear that his "desire for new presents" was a perfectly legitimate question based on a genuine quote made in these forums. Your comment was unnecessary.

Hello Richard

It is now clear that his "desire for new presents" was a perfectly legitimate question based on a genuine quote made in these forums. Your comment was unnecessary.

And that's why PMDG have stopped giving release date estimates.

And that's why PMDG have stopped giving release date estimates.

A very wise move Olli, it should stop innocent people being patronised by those wishing to "get things off their chest". If you see a repetitive question you don't like, then just fire up your sim and go flying. Just ignore it. So simple!

A very wise move Olli, it should stop innocent people being patronised by those wishing to "get things off their chest". If you see a repetitive question you don't like, then just fire up your sim and go flying. Just ignore it. So simple!

Now we've all learned you know nothing about software development: Release dates can't exist, simply because you don't know what testing your next build results in, until you've finished that very test.

Great! What's next?

Oh, yes, I know: I got a 772 to fly. And a 737NG. And there's even a 744 (v1.0) around ...

Now we've all learned you know nothing about software development: Release dates can't exist, simply because you don't know what testing your next build results in, until you've finished that very test.

Great! What's next?

Oh, yes, I know: I got a 772 to fly. And a 737NG. And there's even a 744 (v1.0) around ...

Olli you might be misunderstanding the point I am making. I actually have no concerns about PMDG or their release dates. I am concerned that somebody innocently asked a question (based on a previous quote) and received an unnecessarily sarcastic response.

Kind regards

Olli you might be misunderstanding the point I am making. I actually have no concerns about PMDG or their release dates. I am concerned that somebody innocently asked a question (based on a previous quote) and received an unnecessarily sarcastic response.

Kind regards

O.k. ...

My understanding was you were criticizing that PMDG just ignores the 744v2.0 release date question.

But you're actually fine with PMDG not giving those dates anymore ... and forum members should rather sim than replying sarcastically?

I'm offering my apologies to you ...