Sign in to follow this  
Pack

RCv4 in a remote computer

Hi all,

I´ve been searching on the docs and I thnk that my MCE.ini options are correct but I cannot make MCE work with RCv4 installed in a remote computer.

MCE askes me to specify the rcv4.exe path in the main computer.

Any help is appreciated.

Frank

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Hi all,

I´ve been searching on the docs and I thnk that my MCE.ini options are correct but I cannot make MCE work with RCv4 installed in a remote computer.

MCE askes me to specify the rcv4.exe path in the main computer.

Any help is appreciated.

Frank

Set these in mce.ini under C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Multi Crew Experience\mce.ini

[ATC]

Mode=RC4

UseRadarContact=1

IgnoreRC4Registry=1

When prompted, provide the network path to your RC4 installation on the other computer. The network path will be saved to mce.ini

Since RC4 isn't running on the same machne as MCE, the assumption under such scenario is that you only start MCE AFTER RC4 has been started, flight plan selected and crucially button <Start RC4> has been pressed on the other machine.

You may also want to check you have the latest version 2.5.6.8

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for your help on this issue, mapping the drive did the trick but unfortunately I cannot make MCE respond to the RC commands. However if I run RC in the FS computer MCE do recognize my voice commands.

Thanks,

Frank

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for your help on this issue, mapping the drive did the trick but unfortunately I cannot make MCE respond to the RC commands. However if I run RC in the FS computer MCE do recognize my voice commands.

Thanks,

Frank

Are you OK now with running RC4 on a networked machine?

Are you OK now with running RC4 on a networked machine?

Hi,

Yes, RC4 now works on a networked computer but MCE does not respond to my RC4 commands, for example if I say Over to Clearance or Option 1 nothing happens, if I push key 1 in the keabord it works.

Thanks,

Frank

Hi,

Yes, RC4 now works on a networked computer but MCE does not respond to my RC4 commands, for example if I say Over to Clearance or Option 1 nothing happens, if I push key 1 in the keabord it works.

Thanks,

Frank

Interaction with RC4 won't happen until all the following tests are GO

1 - Ask copilot "what is our call sign?". He should reply with call sign as set in "rcv3.dat" file on networked machine

2 - Say "Show ATC" and "Hide ATC" and check MCE is able to control the RC4 ATC window.

3 - The following test requires switching to a TTS voice because pre-recorded voice packs cannot speak unexpected text.

With Anna as your FO, ask "what are the ATC options?". Anna should be able to read aloud the content of the RC4 ATC window at any time. Bearing and distance are intentionally ignored.