Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

FMC leg wind data displays inccorrectly

Flying towards waypoint LOVEK today, I was displaying ACT LOVEK WIND page as page 2/66. It was not possible to display page 1/66 using the PREV PAGE key.

Having crossed LOVEK, the ACT ASNOT WIND page then displays as 3/65, rather than 1/64. ASNOT is the next but one waypoint with DELMI in between. So the ACT DELMI WIND page is being skipped.

This surely is a bug-let!

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

This surely is a bug-let!

I'm trying to understand what you're getting at, but after having read it a few times, I'm completely lost.

Could you post screenshots instead?

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle,

I am not confident in creating screeshots, so I will have to explain further...

Displaying the ACT WIND page, I would expect it to update to the next waypoint as I pass the current one. Instead, it is updating to the next waypoint but one, so I have to PREV PAGE to get to the now current waypoint winds page.

In addition, it seems to be only capable of displaying from page 2 of ACT WIND waypoints onwards. This means that there is apparently no page 1 for them.

HTH

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Displaying the ACT WIND page, I would expect it to update to the next waypoint as I pass the current one. Instead, it is updating to the next waypoint but one, so I have to PREV PAGE to get to the now current waypoint winds page.

Without seeing a picture (or checking it myself - I'm rebuilding my sim comp, so I can't), I'm not quite sure that this is actually an issue, to be honest.

I am not confident in creating screeshots, so I will have to explain further...

I see you have Windows 7.  Windows 7 has a tool called the Snipping Tool.  Start Menu > click in the search bar at the bottom > type "snip" hit ENTER.  This can take a snapshot quickly and dump it into an image file, which you can upload to Picasa, Photobucket, or the like.

From there, you can follow this little write up:

http://forum.avsim.net/tutorials/article/16-how-to-include-pictures-in-your-posts/

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

Here goes

ACTWIND_zps5f1bbea5.png

The ACT WIND page went to page 3 without my intervention. So it appears that the ACT WIND pages jump 2 waypoints along the route instead of 1 (that for TEVDA).

HTH

PS It appears that after reaching the next waypoint (still displaying page 3 of ACT WIND) it then updates the display to page 2 for that waypoint correctly (i.e. it alternates between one waypoint ahead and the correct next waypoint).

Cheers, Richard

PS It appears that after reaching the next waypoint (still displaying page 3 of ACT WIND) it then updates the display to page 2 for that waypoint correctly (i.e. it alternates between one waypoint ahead and the correct next waypoint).

Interesting.  I'd submit a ticket so they're sure to look into it.

...and thanks for the effort on the screenshot.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle,

I feel somewhat 'modern' now in being able to submit screenshots with a forum post! We oldies find some of these newfangled interweb toys quite challenging.

I have submitted a ticket on this (another new experience for me). Many thanks for your help and understanding.

Regards, R

Cheers, Richard

I feel somewhat 'modern' now in being able to submit screenshots with a forum post! We oldies find some of these newfangled interweb toys quite challenging.

Having taught applications and technical classes for two years - some of them including "oldies" - I fully understand where you're coming from.

I have submitted a ticket on this (another new experience for me). Many thanks for your help and understanding.

You're welcome!

Kyle Rodgers

see you have Windows 7. Windows 7 has a tool called the Snipping Tool. Start Menu > click in the search bar at the bottom > type "snip" hit ENTER. This can take a snapshot quickly and dump it into an image file, which you can upload to Picasa, Photobucket, or the like.

Thx  Kyle  for  this  tip  usually  I just use  the v key 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thx  Kyle  for  this  tip  usually  I just use  the v key 

You're welcome.  I actually use the V key, but that also carries the weight of a tutorial on converting BMP to JPEG (the forum doesn't accept BMPs if I recall correctly).

Kyle Rodgers

You're welcome.  I actually use the V key, but that also carries the weight of a tutorial on converting BMP to JPEG (the forum doesn't accept BMPs if I recall correctly).

Don't  think it  does,  but its  just as easy  still just edit  and  save  to jpeg  but  your  way I see is a lot  easier for those  who don't  know  how  to convert :)

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thank you for reporting this Richard !

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

Thanks, Ryan.

Cheers, Richard