Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avidean

Traffic 360 - Just Flight 24hour sale - $8

Just flight are having a sale on the Traffic 360 Download for 24 hours only.

$8 looks like a very good deal on an addon that is usually $38.

Its says it P3D compatible. Now that does not mean that is P3D V2 compatible

right?\\

Anyone care to comment on how this compares to other AI traffic product if it is not as

good, for $8 is its inferior quality acceptable?

http://www.justflight.com/product/traffic-360-download?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Traffic+360+-+24+Hour+Deal+03Oct2013&utm_content=Traffic+360+-+24+Hour+Deal+03Oct2013+CID_3ff147f2ec37d13de7933af492b3901e&utm_source=cm&utm_term=Traffic%20360%20Download

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Its says it P3D compatible. Now that does not mean that is P3D V2 compatible

right?

No more or less than it being V1.4 compatible.

Edit - thanks for the link. May have to purchase this. Going to do a quick google first between this and UT of which I already own

I had some points so I picked it up for less than $4.00. 

I have UT2 and I doubt Traffic360 will replace it, but I figure that at worst I will end up with a few more AI planes to use with UT2 if the quality isn't too bad. 

If they are bad, then I've invested less than the cost of Happy Meal.. :-)

Ernie

Well just got it for free!!

Logged into my account and I had 800 points from the purchase of Q400 (which I still haven't used yet!) so used 500 points and have 300 left.

Purchased. Have their TrafficX and it does the job (things like being DX10 compatible straight out of the box is useful), can't argue with an update to the latest version for a fiver.

I had some points so I picked it up for less than $4.00. 

I have UT2 and I doubt Traffic360 will replace it, but I figure that at worst I will end up with a few more AI planes to use with UT2 if the quality isn't too bad. 

If they are bad, then I've invested less than the cost of Happy Meal.. :-)

Ernie

The models look the same as TrafficX, which means they're not great. However they are kept simple for a reason - you can have plenty of them. We know how much of a frame hog AI is so I'd rather have 10 not perfect AI aircraft in place of 1 exquisitely detailed one for the same FPS.

The ONLY good thing about Traffic360 are the military jets and helo's...but I guess for $8 bucks it's no big loss.

Couple points for those considering:

UI leaves much to be desired

Manual is sparse in instruction and relevant info for actually using UI.

Even after latest SP, some AI can still be seen flying around with cabin doors wide open stairs extended

AI are unrealistically too loud and the sounds are...well...someone else once described the jet sounds akin to a cheap vacuum cleaner...I would say thats accurate.

Traffic are still parked at the gates, minimal movement like the pilots went on strike.

I'm back to UT2, and despite its shortcomings, is far superior.

The ONLY good thing about Traffic360 are the military jets...but I guess for $8 bucks it's no big loss.

Couple points for those considering:

UI leaves much to be desired

Manual is sparse in instruction and relevant info for actually using UI.

Even after latest SP, some AI can still be seen flying around with cabin doors wide open stairs extended

AI are unrealistically too loud and the sounds are...well...someone else once described the jet sounds akin to a cheap vacuum cleaner...I would say thats accurate.

Traffic are still parked at the gates, minimal movement like the pilots went on strike.

I'm back to UT2, and despite its shortcomings, is far superior.

1. Agreed.

2. Don't really care, I just want it to pack airports with some vaguely convincing AI, and it does that just fine.

3. Never seen that in all my time of using TrafficX

4. Agreed, sound isn't great but most of the time you'd hear little from inside your cockpit anyway. But hoping 360 is an improvement anyway.

5. Never really had that problem but then I fly almost entirely out of payware airports - not sure if the airport or the traffic program controls the level and definition/type of traffic in that case?

some AI can still be seen flying around with cabin doors wide open stairs extended

Ryanair models by any chance? Its not a bug :lol:

Just flight are having a sale on the Traffic 360 Download for 24 hours only.

Thanks for the heads up! I had 440 JF points so I got Traffic 360 for the princely sum of 60 pence!

I've always liked the JF points scheme. I wonder why other developers/publishers/outlets don't follow the JF model of loyalty points?

Well for $8! Purchased

+1

Thanks for the tip.

Cheers.

Well, set traffic to 100% and buzz around CYVR for a bit. Comments above bear out but for $8 its a steal. I like the ground vehicles. The Aircraft Models are a bit poor but only up close. The only thing is with the slider at a 100% I though there would be a lot more traffic. I would say at least 2/3 of the gates where empty.

Took the chance and bought it too, as I'm usually interested in the various traffic programs - and having had enough credits I got mine for free too!

Thanks for the HU, Dave.

Well, their BAe 146 24h deal was the better one, but: My MyTraffic is 2010, so thanks for the heads-up, Dave!!!

EDIT:

LOL! Existing TrafficX owners payed some EUR 18 for an update before; now new customers can grab the full version for one third of that.

Justflight should have considered their customer base and put something onto the shelf for them as well ...

Ryanair models by any chance? Its not a bug :lol:

:LMAO:

+1

Thanks for the tip.

Cheers.

GREAT

I had a credit  of 4$ which I was unaware of from previous buys and got it for 3.72  $   Amazing!

Downlaods as < 1G, installs as ~ 5G 

bgl called ai-traffic.bgl size=102MB

dont forget to turn others off before trying otherwise you will get doubling/trippling of some traffic

No problem gents! I sent the link to the thread to Just Flight demanding a sales commission. They replied telling me to just flight off! :LMAO:

Have to say I have quite a bit of just flight stuff at this point that I paid next to nothing for!

Wonder when they are going to do the $8 24 hour sale for the Q400 :LMAO:   :LMAO:  :LMAO:

Just ... comparison:

aircraft types: T360=123; MT2010=146

aircraft variants: T360=2.420; MT2010=4.106

flights per day: T360=612.000; MT2010=820.000

MT2010 also adds 12 airports to FSX and enhances some 2.200 existing ones ... and that's not yet MT2013!

Wonder when they are going to do the $8 24 hour sale for the Q400

Once everybody already owns it :lol:

Nice, with my points I got this for $0.29, heh.

It'll be my first traffic program. Time to see what all the fuss is about.

Jeez, the file is huge, 1Gig for pete's sake!

I admit that I was hoping Traffic 360 had some updated GA prop models, but it seems that the C-152, which they mention several times in the manual is the only one. 

However, I'm really digging the Marshalling van for exploring the airport and surrounding scenery. :-)

Ernie