Sign in to follow this  
yorgosGK

Serious issue with ATI and Steves DX10 fix? Tears and Spikes everywhere

AMD CCC version 14.4.

I did a little more testing and it seems the default FSX C172 is also causing the spikes when I set the weather to major thunderstorms, strangely enough. I also tried the FSX Cessna Grand Caravan and PMDG 737 NGX in DX10 and it's fine. Then I reloaded EZDOK 1.16 and REX Essentials + Overdrive, still no issues. 

Going to load up GSX next and do more tweaking the fsx.cfg over the next few days and see what happens.

OK, GSX loaded, and I've also reverted back to CCC 12.8. All options ticked in Steve's DX10 fixer, and flying the stock FSX C172 without any spikes or tears! Cranking along at 30fps locked on 3 screens. Now to tweak my fsx just that > < little bit more...  :-)

I use DX10 and "Steves fix" and I almost never get spikes. But I do get them on the FSX mission "Rocket Launch Air Cover" when near the shoreline in Florida and near KLAX when doing free flight.

I'm positive it is directly linked to CPU overload do to excess Autogen. Because this happens at the shoreline in both cases, I', guessing the high water settings are helping to max CPU.

I have all my graphic settings at max and run at a constant 30 FPS. (Locked) setting.

Now I don't get them as bad in the above areas with the new "Omega" Driver for my 2 Sapphire 7950's.

I hope the new driver helps some of you. 

I have a pretty decent system and I get them too. No one is immune if they want all sliders to the right.
Computer Specs: Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge - E / 3.6GHz, Cache Memory 10MB L3 cache, Liquid cooled. Memory is 32GB of RAM, Video cards are 2 x 3GB AMD Radeon/Saphire HD 7950, Hard drives are 512GB Samsung Pro SSD Main Drive and a 60GB back up SSD. Also have 2 x 2TB HDD hard drive and 500GB HDD

@Alex155
It's the new AMD Catalyst Omega driver.
Info / download page: http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/technologies-gaming/catalyst

Update: I no longer have tears in the above mentioned area with the new driver. So they did something correct.

I do still get those Black squares that will appear and disappear very quickly from time to time. But since using the new driver I have not seen tears.

I hope you all get the same results. 

@Alex155

It's the new AMD Catalyst Omega driver.

Info / download page: http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/technologies-gaming/catalyst

Update: I no longer have tears in the above mentioned area with the new driver. So they did something correct.

I do still get those Black squares that will appear and disappear very quickly from time to time. But since using the new driver I have not seen tears.

I hope you all get the same results. 

I might try DX10 mode again. Been a while

@cvearl I really enjoy your posts! : )

Yes, I still wholeheartedly believe that DX10 is the best way to go...If you have the Steve fix and the couple other fixes applied out there.

I don't even have the best processor, being at 3.6GHz (not overclocked)  and I get better frames then most without DX10 installed. (All graphic sliders to the right) Air traffic at 80% using My Traffic 2013). DX10 just displaces a lot of the load that normally would be piled onto the the already overworked processor and measly 4 GB of memory. 

It's just needed if you are into running a ton of add-ons and are thirsty for eye candy.

Give the Catalyst a try. It's working for me. I should mention that I do use Crossfire. So  results may be different for you if you are not.

Computer Specs: Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge - E / 3.6GHz, Cache Memory 10MB L3 cache, Liquid cooled. Memory is 32GB of RAM. Video card is two 3GB AMD Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 cards. (6GB of video card via Crossfire) Hard drives are 500GB Samsung Pro SSD Main Drive. Also have 2TB HDD hard drive and 500GB HDD, Audio Output Integrated - High Definition 7.1 Channel Audio, 12 in 1 Media Card Reader, USB 3.0, & Win 7 Professional 64-Bit

Isn't this the 14.501.1003.0 version video drivers ?

AMD Catalyst Packages Name File Size Revision Number Release Date Download Link Catalyst Software Suite 288 MB Omega (14.12) 12/9/2014

@TerryT Yes, I think you have the correct one.
Driver Packaging Version 14.501.1003-141120a-177998C
Catalyst Version 14.12 AMD Catalyst Omega Software
Provider Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
2D Driver Version 8.01.01.1443
Direct3D Version 9.14.10.01080
OpenGL Version 6.14.10.13283
Mantle Driver Version 9.1.10.0045
Mantle API Version 98304
AMD Catalyst Control Center Version 2014.1120.2123.38423
AMD Audio Driver Version 7.12.0.7719

Reduce your graphic settings and all will be well again.

Dave Taylor gb.png