Sign in to follow this  
fautleyj

Fuel Tanks

Hi Folks. Excuse me for being 'thick', but could someone please explain to me what tanks in the Fuel load panel relate to what tanks on the 747-400's overhead panel overhead.

Please see the attached image.

Thanks

john

Fuel load panel relate to what tanks on the 747-400's overhead panel overhead.

Use the fuel option in the Addons-PMDG menu or the PMDG 747 load manager. If you use the default FSX load manager, you could cause problems with the 744.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

The thing is Kenny when I use the load manager for the 747-400, the fiel in the aircraft never shows what I put in the load manager?? Aprt from the fact there is the option of tri-dual and single when loading. Which one must you use so that the fuel reads the same in the aircraft as what one put into the load manager. never works out the same for me.

Cheers

John

There are two (and only two) ways to load fuel on the PMDG 747-400X. One is to use the PMDG Load Manager, which always works. The other is use the Add-In Menu in FSX and choose the fuel option. DO NOT use the "Aircraft/Fuel and Payload" menu in FSX with this aircraft!

Eric Parker

The OP is using FS9. But Erics advice is still valid. Use either the load manager utility (with FS9 closed), or use the PMDg option menu from within FS9.  Do not use the default FS9 loader.

Peter Schluter

OK Guys. Thanks for your help. I will have to use the PMDG option, as the Load manager, never does what it's supposed to do when loading fuel.

Regards.

John

Odd! Mine works everytime. I have used both features, preferring to use the PMDG Load Manager initially for weight and fuel but sometimes I use the PMDG Add-On later to load more fuel after I have closed the PMDG Load Manager. This happens if the FMC tells me "Insufficient Fuel."

While I am aware that many times my initial fuel load is based on Nautical Air Miles based on expected winds, the FMC can't seem to figure that out. So I add more fuel just to keep the damn thing quiet.

I use Fuel Planner for the PMDG 747-400X(F) by Daniel van Os which I got from the Internet but its numbers are a little off. And I use http://fuelplanner.com/index.php to crosscheck my fuel loadings. In spite of all these apps I still end up landing with more fuel than I want. But I have run out of fuel on a trip from JFK to Alaska so I would rather have too much than too little. If I didn't use real weather there would be no wind, it wouldn't be a problem. But I try for realism.

Eric Parker

I will have to use the PMDG option, as the Load manager, never does what it's supposed to do when loading fuel.

Make sure you're running the load manager as an admin.

Kyle Rodgers

Righton, scandinavian13!

I reset my PC to run everything as Admin. Didn't always do that but I had issues with lots of apps for flight sims, especially ACARS stuff. If the app doesn't run as advertised, it is probably because you need admin rights. So I went into Windows Control Panel and changed the user settings to make that happen.

Eric Parker