Sign in to follow this  
billg1949

MSE 2 Swiss first impression

i also have MSE 2 New Hampshire and between the two, i find the NH scenery to be significantly better.  The Swiss looks great if you are looking out about 10-20 miles.....but undeneath the plane is quite blurry. Not so with the NH scenery.   I was flying at about 11,000 ft on both planes.  Am using the recommended slider positions.  On the Swiss i went from Sion to the lake and thenall the way around the shore of the lake.  On the NH i was in the northern hills and mountains.  So..... i find the NH to be more immersive for me.

Maybe the source data for NH is better?  Will continue to explore the Swiss scenery some more tonight.

Oh my... and you actually have to pay for that on the right...?!?

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The Photoreal Scenery Support Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Near Altenrhein/Switzerland:

Left side is Austria (X/FlyLogic); right side is Switzerland (MSE):

Wow, they really need to run their source thru photoshop before hitting the resample exe

Here it is after a very quick color correction

oad3.jpg

• Upvote 3

Best, Michael

KDFW

Wow, they really need to run their source thru photoshop before hitting the resample exe

oad3.jpg

Nicely done! The problem is that there are many slight variations, and some larger ones in the source imagery depending on the location, so if you ran that same correction over the entire source image, it would make the better imagery (color-wise) look really bad. Hence, you would need to color-correct small segments individually at a time, then draw out borders (which wouldn't be nice and straight) between adjoining sections, and then o go back and adjust all your settings again for the next section to make it look better in itself, but then also to match it up with previously color-corrected parts. Over the size of an entire country, this could be a pretty major task!

But, I will pass this thread onto the developer to take a look anyway :)

i also have MSE 2 New Hampshire and between the two, i find the NH scenery to be significantly better.  The Swiss looks great if you are looking out about 10-20 miles.....but undeneath the plane is quite blurry. Not so with the NH scenery.   I was flying at about 11,000 ft on both planes.  Am using the recommended slider positions.  On the Swiss i went from Sion to the lake and thenall the way around the shore of the lake.  On the NH i was in the northern hills and mountains.  So..... i find the NH to be more immersive for me.

Maybe the source data for NH is better?  Will continue to explore the Swiss scenery some more tonight.

New Hampshire is definitely one of the best and most consistent states in the MSE 2.0 range, no doubt. The source imagery we got for that state was obviously almost all take on the same day (or group of days with similar weather), probably by the same aircraft and camera, by the same company. Because NH is relatively small compared to other states and countries, it makes this possible and practical.

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

Now, the good thing about it is, PCAviator didn't run their screenshots through Photoshop ...

If you compare my pic above to the advertising pictures at pcaviator.com (the 'urban' ones) you realize that what you see (store) is what you get (my rig).

Now, the good thing about it is, PCAviator didn't run their screenshots through Photoshop ...

If you compare my pic above to the advertising pictures at pcaviator.com (the 'urban' ones) you realize that what you see (store) is what you get (my rig).

We don't alter any screenshots at all (except for physical size and to add captions etc). There are no colour corrections, so it is indeed a case of WYSIWYG. All the actual screenshots come straight from the "V" key in FSX.

Dean

Im not getting that washed out blueish scenery above at all.  My Swiss MSE 2 looks quite similar to the photoshop example shown above.  Not identical....but close.

YMMV

Well i  adjusted my graphics and now its clear even under my plane (MSE 2 Swiss).  overall i am pleased with my purchase.

Edited by firehawk44
Image removed as it exceeds 400KB weight.

and another one.  BTW....New hampshire is also quite excellent.  although this is another pic of MSE 2 Swiss

Edited by firehawk44
Image removed as it exceeds 400KB weight.

and another one.  BTW....New hampshire is also quite excellent.  although this is another pic of MSE 2 Swissattachicon.gif2013-10-5_18-57-14-729.jpg

Hi there,

This actually looks like default scenery! This is not MSE Switzerland photoreal. Please check the MSE Switzerland scenery is enabled as you are flying over default FSX scenery in the images above. Just a heads up!

Dean

OOPS!  i had it enabled.... i just accidently went over the border! 

here is (I hope)  some pics of MSE 2 Swiss

Edited by firehawk44
Images removed as they exceeded 400KB.

OOPS!  i had it enabled.... i just accidently went over the border! 

here is (I hope)  some pics of MSE 2 Swiss

attachicon.gif2013-10-5_21-56-20-530.jpgattachicon.gif2013-10-5_22-3-36-288.jpg

Now that is more like it. Looks like you have your settings tuned very well for MSE too!

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Dean