Sign in to follow this  
rwy12

T7 and DBS airport guage

Hi All

Just bought the T7- loving every second of the the testing. Good job PMDG!

two quick questions please

1 Has anybody managed to get the dbs airport gps  working in the T7-if so could you please advise what you  put in the panel config.

2 How do you change the flight control mode in the lower cdu-it says normal-I read some where you can change it in the FMC-I can not see it.

Many thanks for the help.

Qas

1 why would you want to?

2 there is a fight computer disconnect switch on the top left of the overhead panel. Unless you want to hand fly a 10 hour flight though, I suggest you leave it in normal.

The dbs stuff usually comes with an automatic install option. All my automatic gauge/window installers work fine with PMDG aircraft.

If there is something you want to enter manually: Let the stuff auto-install in some default aircraft (the default 777, for example), and copy the relevant lines from there into the PMDG T7 panel.cfg (only the PAX cfg; the CARGO cfg is aliased to the PAX one).

Then correct the window numbers for what you've pasted according to the no. of windows in the T7 cfg.

Thank you guys. Sorted.

Regarding .why would I want to change from normal- the honest answer is I don't know. I read on the forum the flight model is better without the normal selection. Just curiosity I think.

Think I will stick with the normal for now.

Qas

I read on the forum the flight model is better without the normal selection. Just curiosity I think.

If you disconnect the primary flight computers and fly in 'Direct' mode I think it actually does fly better for now, as the FBW isn't working quite as it should; but it's not something that we should get into the habit of doing.