Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Pathetic!

I am so pitiful. Never been good at the Gold Rushes. No matter how hard I try, it is just miserable.

But, never say never. Since I am starting with a new slate, I picked the Hilo Gold Rush, the easiest.

Gold_01_zpsd47cf157.jpg

It always ends like this.

Gold_02_zps4be27dd3.jpg

Or, if I don't crash, I only have half the points at the end of the alloted time. I tried this Gold Rush a half dozen times tonight and never got the Gold. Or even the Silver. Pathetic, I tell you.

After so much disappointment, I chose the Landing Challenges. Those are my favorites, probably because I do well in them. Gold in the first, at Waimea, Gold in the second, at Puu Waa Waa, and Gold in the third at Bradshaw.

Here is the start of the Bradshaw challenge, with the sun in the eyes, all that glare.

Landing_01_zps77695a02.jpg

Did my pattern and turning to Final.

Landing_02_zps5439415c.jpg

This Challenge has a 30 kt. headwind, so it's important to keep the speed up all the way down.

Landing_03_zpsd02c1690.jpg

Success - Gold! :lol:

Landing_04_zps93b9f005.jpg

If it weren't for the Gold Rushes, I would be a great pilot. :rolleyes:

Landing_05_zps4bba3817.jpg

I didn't even notice there was a P-40 Landing Challenge. Anybody do it?

Best regards.

Luis

I had no idea there was a P40 challenge. Did not even notice it tell you just posted it. About gold rush... I can't even get half the things before I finish, so you're not the only one.

Tempted to try it out, but no time right now. Shoulda Coulda Woulda.

Luis, don't give up on gold rushes!

IMO they are some of the best/most rewarding challenges in Flight.

Cheers.

Luis - I'm with you. I never have had any interest in the Gold Rush Challenges either.  Hunting the daily aerocaches , doing some of the missions, clandestine jobs, and just simply flying from point a to b has been enough for me.  Now that the aerocaches are all repeats, I will just fly some jobs as well as making up my own jobs.

Just shows you we all enjoy something a little different in Flight. Glad to see that.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Light turned low, volume turned up and both feet firmly on the rudder pedals. Hands clutching the yoke, with one hand poised to adjust the throttle. Phew those gold rushes can be fun. Only problem I have is that, I always want just ONE more go!

Ha! If you think that is hard, try the Red Bull air races in FSX Acceleration. :D

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987!