Sign in to follow this  
brembo

Flight Director doesn't disappear on landing

Performing an ILS approach with two FD on ( master side captain) and both NAV on ILS frequency, at 50 FT RA the bars of FD doesn't disappear and remain on PFD on ground. In autoland instead they disappear at 50 Ft without  problem. 

I had version SP 1C only 800/900 , FSX + UTEX+ FEX and FSUIPC registeresd ( but the axis are form FSX and NOT by FSUIPC)

Thanks very much for the NON-Answer!!!

Thanks very much for the snarky post?

Kyle Rodgers

I've never heard of the FD's disappearing on their own. I know for a fact that they remain on until I flip off the switches. 

And yeah, barking at people isn't exactly going to elicit help.

I've never heard of the FD's disappearing on their own. I know for a fact that they remain on until I flip off the switches. 

And yeah, barking at people isn't exactly going to elicit help.

The guy joined 2 years ago.........4 posts.....and bring us a snarky post! I believe that he learned that the FD do not disappear at 50ft!!!!!

Regardless of Brembo's lack of social skills, he correct, the FD's should retract (disappear) at around 50' RA. If they don't then it is a small bugette.

...or maybe an airline specific option...i.e. also in the fised base training  B738 sim where I go every now and then it doesn't disappear...

Ciao

Andrea B.

.or maybe an airline specific option

I don't think so, Boeing describe the FDs as not having any flare capability, which is why they retract.

Yes problably Fail Operational planes have to mantain FD ie also 'cause you could also have a late go around when the main gear have already touched the rwy...

Best Regards

Andrea Buono

Yes problably Fail Operational planes have to mantain FD ie also 'cause you could also have a late go around when the main gear have already touched the rwy...

Good thinking, but the FDs pop-up when you press toga, even with the FD's switched off (except of take-off).

BTW, fail operational has no bearing on late go-around capability, the same applies for fail passive, CAT1, non-precision, visual, etc.

Thanks Ryan, that's clarified it. The topic stater seems to be saying that they remain with a single channel approach, he could do with clarifying that.