Sign in to follow this  
Q_flyer

Brilliant find in the AVSIM file library (Cockpit sounds)

Hey folks,

I found this file in the AVSIM library yesterday and it's really fantastic.

You know how most high quality aircraft come with lovely immersive cockpit sounds?..... like the RealAir Duke, A2A, etc.... but then you get some with no cockpit sounds whatsoever, like the Carenado aircraft (until recently) and of course the default aircraft, but also many other addons have no soudns for switches etc.

Well this lovely little free add-on gives you fantastic switch sounds in all aircraft that use default XML code, for switches like 'Batt', 'Generators', 'Parking Brake', etc.   You do also need Douglas Lawson's free sound gauge installed, but that is also available in the library and full details are given in this cockpit sounds download.      (this required gauge is installed by a number of payware addons - such as the Duke V2 - so chances are you already have it....... I did).

To use this gauge you simply place a downloaded folder in the FSX / Gauges directory, then add 2 lines of code to the panel.cfg of the aircraft that you want to put the cockpit sounds in.

I tried it out on the Carenado 340 and the results were fantastic! .... it really elevated the aircraft's immersion.  The sound that it adds for the parking brake is really high quality. 

Take a listen:-  

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/110364712/Parking_Brake.wav

So well worth a try if you have any aircraft that have no custom sounds in the cockpit.

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=179238

And thank you to the author, Daniel Gauthier, for creating a fantastic utility.

Cool, thanks! Will have to check this one out during the weekend.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

It's absolutely ideal for all Carenado aircraft, up until the last few where they started adding custom cockpit sounds.    

So C208, C340, 152, 172, the Bonanzas, the Cherokees - get this gauge added; it hugely improves them!

:smile:

Indeed a great find, Dave! Thanks for sharing it.

Just another shout for this brilliant little (free) addon.   It absolutely transforms some of the Aeroplane Heaven vintage aircraft (sold by Just Flight), like the DC-3 and DC-6B, Connie, etc, that are quite nice to fly apart from they had no cockpit switchgear sounds at all.

Adding this utility to them makes them really improves the immersion and makes them feel like much higher quality products.

I'm currently flying the DC-6B, with this cockpit sound mod, the Reality XP 430 (which can be found retrofitted in many real-world currently flying DC-6s) around the North Western Territories, Yukon and Alaska and having a ball!

Sorry for the tangents, but seriously if you fly any aircraft that do not have their own cockpit switch and button sounds, you've got to try this.

Sounds like it's perfect for enticing you to take some of those addons out of your hanger. :lol:

Thanks for the heads up.

Wow, great find! Maybe the best find of the year if this will work with default aiplanes (B737/747).

Errmmm will it work with default airplanes?

EDIT: tried it on default B747. It worked like a charm, so Dave, thank you, thank you! The best find of the year and beyond! :Party:

Now default planes have that bit of payware planes, at last. Brilliant. Now I must change some of the samples, probably will import some from the NGX.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Wow, great find! Maybe the best find of the year if this will work with default aiplanes (B737/747).

Errmmm will it work with default airplanes?

EDIT: tried it on default B747. It worked like a charm, so Dave, thank you, thank you! The best find of the year and beyond! :Party:

Now default planes have that bit of payware planes, at last. Brilliant. Now I must change some of the samples, probably will import some from the NGX.

Yes, it works on any aircraft that use XML, and that use standard references for controls like;  Parking Brake, Battery, Alternator, Magnetos, Fuel Pump, Landing Light, etc, etc, etc ..... that will be most piston aircraft.   Even some complex aircraft with a lot of custom code still use the standard SDK references for most switch commands.  :smile:    ....... Glad you got it working, and are finding (as I have) that it can really transform some otherwise dead cockpit environments!

I'm trying now to activate gear up and gear down lever sounds. Also I added two sounds for flaps lever, one for increase and one for decrease.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Correction,

ALL planes use XML because FSX use XML.

XML is just a code. I think what you mean is planes that use FSX standard variables. 

Yes, it works on any aircraft that use XML, and that use standard references for controls like;  Parking Brake, Battery, Alternator, Magnetos, Fuel Pump, Landing Light, etc, etc, etc ..... that will be most piston aircraft.   Even some complex aircraft with a lot of custom code still use the standard SDK references for most switch commands.   :smile:    ....... Glad you got it working, and are finding (as I have) that it can really transform some otherwise dead cockpit environments!

I'm trying now to activate gear up and gear down lever sounds. Also I added two sounds for flaps lever, one for increase and one for decrease.

And I succeded! The proper sample is played for gear up/down toggle. Now I have a perfect cockpit environment in every plane, yeeeeeeeeeey! :)

What is amazing Dave, I wanted to do a freeware gauge or even app for the cockpit environment and I was thinking about it for few days, and you found this at the right time!

Yes, it works on any aircraft that use XML and that use standard references for controls like;  Parking Brake, Battery, Alternator, Magnetos, Fuel Pump, Landing Light, etc, etc, etc

Correction,

ALL planes use XML because FSX use XML.

XML is just a code. I think what you mean is planes that use FSX standard variables.

Some custom gauges are done in C/C++ for some of the functions that this utility covers, and in those cases, the sounds would not work.

Could I use this package to add touch-down sounds and flap lever/deployment sounds to my JF(CLS) BAE146-200/300?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Yes, it adds flap sounds ....... No, it won't add touchdown sounds, as the code is specific to buttons, switches, and levers.

Yes, it adds flap sounds ....... No, it won't add touchdown sounds, as the code is specific to buttons, switches, and levers.

Excellent! As an aside - any idea how I might go about adding touchdown sounds to the Bae146?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)