Sign in to follow this  
Q_flyer

Brilliant find in the AVSIM file library (Cockpit sounds)

I played a little tonight, and I added some missing sounds:

- gear lever

- spoiler lever

- spoiler arm

- apu start

- trim

Excellent! As an aside - any idea how I might go about adding touchdown sounds to the Bae146?

Just edit sound.cfg in the airplane sound folder.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Pe11e, when you get it all sorted, would you mind sharing how you did all those additions? Thanks.

It's not that easy to explain. :) I was editing xml file, and adding sounds for missing events.

I can share ini and xml file, but you must find samples for those events I added because I won't share PMDG samples, it is probably against copyright.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I played a little tonight, and I added some missing sounds:

- gear lever

- spoiler lever

- spoiler arm

- apu start

- trim

Just edit sound.cfg in the airplane sound folder.

I was going to scold you for being so vague WRT what to do with the sound.cfg, but that's all I needed. :-)

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I was going to scold you for being so vague WRT what to do with the sound.cfg, but that's all I needed. :-)

Haha, no probs, sound.cfg is very easy to read/understand/edit. :)

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

Cool thanks for sharing!

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Excellent! As an aside - any idea how I might go about adding touchdown sounds to the Bae146?

A good thing to do is to choose an aircraft, where you really like the Touchdown sounds, and make copies of the touchdown sounds (there may be 1, 2 or 3 files).   Then rename the files to the same name as those in the target aircraft (eg.. the Just Flight 146 in this case), and place them into the target aircraft's Sound folder.     This way, you won't have to edit values in the sound.cfg, which can sometimes cause problems when meddled with, such as hearing rolling / touchdown sounds when the aircrat is stationary.

If you have any airliners that come with TSS sounds (eg.. Airbus X Extended, Coolsky DC-9 etc) they have particularly good touchdown sounds, that you could 'borrow' for other aircraft you have. :smile:

Did it in the JF DC-6, what a difference! And combined with Accu Sim is another story.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Alexander Colka

this lovely little free add-on gives you fantastic switch sounds in all aircraft that use default XML code, for switches like 'Batt', 'Generators', 'Parking Brake', etc.   You do also need Douglas Lawson's free sound gauge installed, but that is also available in the library and full details are given in this cockpit sounds download.      (this required gauge is installed by a number of payware addons - such as the Duke V2 - so chances are you already have it....... I did).

Nice find; thanks for sharing the info on this fun enhancement option ! :smile:

FYI: Doug Dawson's "XML" sound gauges ...are here:

FSX: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxgau&DLID=175157

FS9: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004gau&DLID=95460

Happy flying ! B)

GaryGB

If you have any airliners that come with TSS sounds (eg.. Airbus X Extended, Coolsky DC-9 etc) they have particularly good touchdown sounds, that you could 'borrow' for other aircraft you have. :smile:

What a coincidence - I happen to own both! :P

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Thanks for this headsup....another case where I was away on a holiday and didn't check the file uploads that came out while I was away.

I will check this one out.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

It's not that easy to explain. :) I was editing xml file, and adding sounds for missing events.

I can share ini and xml file, but you must find samples for those events I added because I won't share PMDG samples, it is probably against copyright.

Would you mind giving some examples of how this is done and in which files? thanks

Nice to see that such a small file has so great effect!

Cheers

Daniel Gauthier