Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

Ground Control not recognizing Boeing 777

As far as I can tell, EditVoice Pack has provision to recognize the 777.

However, when taxiing at any airport, I noticed that Ground control refer to my PMDG 777LRX (Virgin Australia) simply as a "Boeing" when they issue a command to other aircraft in my vicinity.

eg: "Qantas 333, hold position, Boeing on the taxiway".  (They're referring to my aircraft as the Boeing).

With the NGX, Ground recognized my aircraft as a Boeing 737, and the same caution includes "Qantas 333, hold position, Boeing 737 on the taxiway".

Any idea what's missing?

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

I found this as well. I think the way to fix it is this (I haven't tested yet):

In the aircraft.cfg file for both the 777LR and 777F, find the section after each livery entry that has the heading [General]. It'll be the section with atc_type, atc_model, etc. You want to change the atc_model to B772. So your [General] section will look like this:

[General]
atc_type=BOEING
atc_model=B772
editable=0
performance="Cruise Speed\nMach .84\n\nEngines\nGeneral Electric GE90-110B1 rated at 110,100 lbs / 489 kN \n\nMaximum Range\n9,395 nm / 10,812 mi / 17,395 km\n\nService Ceiling\n43,100 ft / 13,135 m\n\nFuel Capacity\n53,515 gal / 202,570 L\n\nEmpty Weight\n326,000 lb / 147,870 kg\n\nMaximum Takeoff Weight\n766,000 lb / 347,450 kg\n\nLength\n209 ft, 1 in / 63.7 m\n\nWingspan\n212 ft, 9 in / 64.8 m\n\nHeight\n61 ft, 6 in / 18.6 m"
Category = airplane

Like I said, I haven't had a chance to try it yet. The default entries aren't recognized by the FSX ATC system.

Of course you'll want to back up your .cfg files first just in case.

Another thing you could try is to simply add the B77L identifier to EditVoicepack X. I've also preemptively done this for the B77W in anticipation of the -300ER. :smile:

Thanks gents, I'll look at both. Much appreciated.

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

UPDATE! You do NOT want to change the .cfg entry to B772 if you use a EZCA profile that is dependent on that .cfg entry. I suggest using Suprojit's method instead.

Another thing you could try is to simply add the B77L identifier to EditVoicepack X. I've also preemptively done this for the B77W in anticipation of the -300ER. :smile:

Would you mind explaining how to od this? I tried a few tutorials and they just went into how to create voices to use in the program.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Here's how I do it:

1. Open EditVoicePack X.

2. Under the "My Modifications" section, expand the "Aircrafts" and then "Models" sections.

3. Highlight "Models" and click the Edit menu and select "New Modification"

4. In the "Identifier," "Phrase," and "Description" boxes, type: B77L

5. Click in the "Filter" box and type: B772

6. Double-click the AC_MODEL B772 identifier. Alternatively you can search in the "Filter" box for "Triple Seven" and use the AC_MODEL B773 (1) sound. I used "Triple Seven" because it sounds a little more human to me than "Seven Seven Seven" which I think sounds a little robotic (more so than usual for the FSX ATC).

7. To the left of the waveform boxes, click through each voice and select "Copy" to copy the identifier to each voice. You have to do it for every voice to work correctly.

8. Click "Save" up at the top in the File menu.

9. Repeat steps 3 - 8 using B77W instead of B77L if you wish to "Prepare" for the 777-300ER.

10. Click "File" and "Update Voicepack"

11. Leave the "Change Settings" checkbox blank unless you want to change the general phraseology, speed, etc. Leaving the box unchecked will still add the new modification(s).

12. Click "Update"

You can also use different phraseology for different voices. So for instance you can use "Triple Seven" for voices 0, 3, 5, 8 and "Seven Seven Seven" for the others just to mix it up a bit.

That's it. It works every time I add a new callsign so it should work for the B77L identifier.

Thank you for the help guys.

I've copy and pasted the instructions in a notepad should I need them again!

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma