Sign in to follow this  
Richbro

Earth Simulation support

Hi all,

Is everybody happy with E.S. support?

It's now 6 days from my original e-mail to them to which they have replied twice saying "we'll get round to you sometime, give us a prod".

As a user of Opus which, at worst, is a couple of hours after placing a query on their forum, I find this kind of support from E.S. barely tolerable.

Anybody else had this? Is it just me?

Hi Richbro

Yep, I can say that I have had problems with ES replying to messages. The thing is, they are a very small team with some massive projects on the go at the moment, so they haven't got much of time to deal with all the questions.

I know that it can be frustrating waiting for a reply, but please bear with them.

Out of interest Richbro, have you tried contacting them via the helpdesk, or as a last resort, the forums?

ES produce the best scenery out there (in my own opinion of course), so I would find it a shame if you decided to turn your back on ES. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not suggesting that you are thinking about it. :wink:

It's now 6 days from my original e-mail to them to which they have replied twice saying "we'll get round to you sometime, give us a prod".

I seriously doubt this happened as the MegaSceneryEarth developers just don't do things like this (plus you misspelled the quote).  Some of the request for support e-mails have gone unanswered because the developer answered my question by issuing a fix to an issue I had.  In any case, this is one reason why AVSIM has a Photoscenery Forum so members can ask questions and hopefully get their questions answered here.  Occasionally, a representative from MegaSceneryEarth will respond to questions asked by our membership here.  Have you tried to ask you question(s) to our membership?

Thanks.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Firehawk, are you saying MSE and Earth Simulations are one and the same? I never knew that.

Today's e-mail response reads " Thank you for your recent enquiry. We aim to respond within 48 hours but at busy periods please be patient. If we have not replied within 72 hours free to give us a prod"  

That is verbatim Firehawk, just in case, and this is my third response from them after " giving them a prod".

I repeat, for product Opus has raised the bar and there is only a team of two so, no excuses there.

I would agree that what I've seen re Guernsey and Alderney the scenery is more than acceptable with the exception that the wind sock at Guernsey always points in the same direction no matter what weather input. Queried with E.S. the answer was: " We are aware and will fix this but we're working on the I.O.M right now". That was three months ago.

Firehawk, are you saying MSE and Earth Simulations are one and the same? I never knew that.

My apologies.  They are two separate entities.  Glad you finally got a response.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10