Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

An FSX performance 'blanket statement'...

No refund possible. And I certainly would not buy this for something it's not made for. If you want to use DX10 and improve it, then definitely get this addon but not for a possible side effect which has yet to be acknowledged.

Fair enough. Thanks.

Hey Guys

Has anybody tried this yet in FSX with a PMDG 737?

If so, did you have any improvement in visuals? It looks great potentially... For the sake of £20, seems worth a punt, but what are the potential downsides?

but what are the potential downsides?

You spending  the money and it  doesn't  work

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

What about things like texture loading (not blurries, but when you switch views and you get black or gray textures for a few seconds while the textures load)? I don't think that can be fixed with software. Seems like a hardware issue (hard drive not fast enough, perhaps RAM related. I've been trying to figure this out).

Magnetite, I dont see how it can be hardware related....

I had 2 x SSD drives in RAID0, overclocked CPU @ 4.8Ghz, mad crazy graphics card, yet even when switching view "mode" my 737NGX takes a few seconds to load all the textures..

If I flip to outside view, I see rows of seating, then the rest of the plane quickly appears around it until complete, and going back to VC, its all grey panels for a few seconds.

I think its down to just how FSX handles DX9 and loading textures no?

If I flip to outside view, I see rows of seating, then the rest of the plane quickly appears around it until complete, and going back to VC, its all grey panels for a few seconds.

I think its down to just how FSX handles DX9 and loading textures no?

Perhaps. DirectX 10 works like this too, but it's a dark gray texture. Maybe it is software related, and not anything to do with our modern hardware. I always thought since the textures are loaded from the hard drive (or SSD) into RAM, that the faster the drive, the less gray textures. Or none at all, as the textures would already be loaded when you switched views.

Great for you Mitch, really glad you are again and again enjoying your sim, seems like every month or so you discover some other greatest new tweak thing so thumbs up for you.

But you should also be aware of the fact that your setup is not the same as everyone else's, you can still easily OOM with DX10 though it will certainly take you past DX9, the other unfortunate truth is that not ALL our best add-ons are 100% "fixed" for DX10 and will need some of the developers to yet get on board if it is truly going to be for everybody,, same can be said for support of FSX DX10 from hardware vendors compared to FSX DX9. 

All the best mate.

At least you got the title right.

Blanket statement is exactly what this is, with no research into different hardware configurations or addon combinations.

It's great it works for you, but this isn't the end-all-be-all solution to everyone's OOM and low FPS woes, sorry.

I'll tell you what fixed a huge problem for me with FSX giving BEX errors.      For some reason, I have no idea why, if I start the flight in Windowed mode, start up PMDG, load the flight, light FS2Crew, VoxATC and all the other stuff then switch to Fullscreen with ALT-ENTER, I never crash with BEX errors.  In fact, FSX has not crashed in weeks since i started doing this.   All I do at the end of the flight when I am ready to shutdown, is go back to windowed mode.       

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Im glad folks found the 'holy grail', I found it 7 years ago with FS GS :-)

Jay