Sign in to follow this  
CraigPhillips

Repairing Wheels and Brakes Issue

I performed an RTO, which caused the brakes to overheat and deflate. But upon using the FMC to fix the failures, it didn't work...

So I went to Menu -> PMDG Setup -> Aircraft -> Failures -> Active: 14

LSK R6 (CLEAR ALL) -> Exec

The brake pressure gets reset to 200, but the brake temp is never fixed, so the brake pressure plummets down to 0 again.

Something I am doing wrong, or a bug?

Regards

Craig

Each time I test my controller to setup and make autobrake work, i over heat my brakes and I never succeed in repairing with the fmc. Each time,I have to reload!

In the maintenance section, cool and replace the brakes first, then replace the tires.

yes but i have had the same issue and reparing the brakes first has changed nothing.

impossible to repair!

See the quoted section above, or look at post #2 of the thread.

Kyle Rodgers

it look like brake temp never reset!

tyre pressure reset but due to brake temp never reset, the pressure shut down immediately!

it look like brake temp never reset!

tyre pressure reset but due to brake temp never reset, the pressure shut down immediately!

Again...re-read post #2.  You need to use the "COOL BRAKES" function first.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

If you don't select "COOL BRAKES" FIRST, then your brakes are still going to be white lightning hot. You'll throw fresh tires on and immediately burst them with the hot brakes.

1. COOL BRAKES

2. Reset All

or whatever you feel you need to do to fix/replace tires/pressures.

In fact, I believe Kyle did this while making one of his videos. Possibly for demonstration purposes, possibly not. We'll never know.......

In fact, I believe Kyle did this while making one of his videos. Possibly for demonstration purposes, possibly not. We'll never know.......

haha - nope.  I legit messed that up, and you can definitely see me figure it out only after trying it the second time  :ph34r:

Go to 16:26:

Punishing the plane several times to get it to that point, though, was all requests of the forum YouTube commenters...

Kyle Rodgers

i will try again but in my mind, i have done a brake temp reset before trying to repair wheels!

i will see!

This one threw me at first too, and I think there's some confusion remaining regarding how you're reading Kyle and Kerlix's posts.  

The reset all function is clearing all of your active warnings, including the brake temp warnings.  What they're advising is that first you need to actually cool the brakes themselves via a separate menu, then reset the brake temp warnings and replace the tires.  Otherwise the brake temp warning resets, then sees that your brake hardware is still red hot, and goes off all over again.  

Hope that helps a bit  B)

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

Happy New Year, captains! 

I am sorry to revive the threat, but I think I face the same behaviour as the_narnard: 

1. My brakes don't work, nor the parking brake. 

2. I had damages on brakes and tires, if I remember correctly not due to an RTO, but in conjunction using slew! 

3. I fixed all in the ground maintenance menue (Cool brakes, replace brakes, replace tires, but

4. To no avail! The brakes do *not* work. 

5. Nothing is shown the PMDG Setup Failures, Wheels and Brakes menu: Everything seems to be fine, but that is simply not true. 

6. In order not to delay my CYYZ-ACA15-VHHH flight any further I am airborne now, and

7. ... set all BRAKE FAIL TRAxyz to ACTIVE. Now the gear synoptics show all 'BRAKE' in yellow. 

8. Now (despite being airborne) I use GROUND MAINT, REPLACE BRAKES. This clears all yellow 'BRAKE' in the gear synoptics. 

9. I hope that in VHHH the brakes will work. I keep you posted. 

IMHO there *is* a little bug, since it is a fact that

despite showing no faults in the PMDG Setup Failures

my brakes did not work at all. 

Any further ideas? Thanks in advance. 

Andreas Berg
pmdg_j41_banner.jpgpmdg_trijet.jpg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

Hi folks. 

My (delayed despite CI=600) in VHHH on RWY07L brought a new surprise: 

Instead of not working at all or working properly the brakes did their job a little bit: 

1. The gear synoptics showed a little heat up to 0.1 on the forward and rear axis,

2. but without reverse thrust the baby would not have come to a stop at all. 

3. Now, at the stand I see one fault: REPAIR ALL BRAKES. (I wrggled the tiller to come to final stop... not very nice...) 

4. At least this is consistent with the experience of almost no braking action. What now? 

5. In the ground maintenance menu a chose 'Cool' (although there is nothing to cool, but to keep the sequence) 

6. then REPLACE all brakes. (Both text lines are shaded now.) 

7. Have I now to clear in the PMDG setup failures menu, wheels and brakes the fault REPAIR ALL BRAKES? Why did not the maintenance clear that out? (The gear synoptics don't give an indication that the breakes are to be replaced... I am confused...) 

8. I do it:  I reset the fault ACTIVE Yes to No. 

9. I turn around the aircraft for VHHH-ACA16-CYYZ. Let's see whether the breaks are working on my way to the runway... 

Any ideas? 

Andreas Berg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

Update after my take-off in VHHH again: 

1. The braking action was very low again, however, after fueling my GW was 330tons. 

2. To stop the ship it takes a time. 

3. I'll wait until my landing in CYYZ... in about 14 hours... Have I fixed the brakes or not? 

Wating patiently and having a nap in between. 

Andreas Berg