Sign in to follow this  
CraigPhillips

Repairing Wheels and Brakes Issue

Update after landing in CYYZ: The brakes do *not* work. 

What's going on? 

Next I load on the PMDG standard panels (not C&D, I know of the bug...) and check out whether the brakes work then. 

Andreas Berg
pmdg_j41_banner.jpgpmdg_trijet.jpg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

All to no avail. I am desperate now. Shall I open a ticket? 

Shall I uninstall the 777? 

BTW, the brakes work fine on all other aircraft, including 737NGX. 

Andreas Berg
pmdg_j41_banner.jpgpmdg_trijet.jpg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

Hi

Same problem

Where do I find maintenance section, cool and replace the brakes first, then replace the tires ???

B.g.

Steen Hoejengaard

5 minutes ago, captain_kaos said:

Hi

Same problem

Where do I find maintenance section, cool and replace the brakes first, then replace the tires ???

B.g.

Steen Hoejengaard

FMC > PMDG Options > Failures

11 minutes ago, captain_kaos said:

Hi,

For info, PMDG provide us with some very interesting documents where you can find the answers to most of this kind of questions.

Especially the introduction manual which is a must read! (Ref for your question: p130).

Definitely worth reading these before posting!

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hello to all. I have similar brakes problems with PMDG. All the time after landing and stop in near the end of runway I can't taxi going to the Gate. The plane stuck in runway and it won't move ahead. I see the message from EICAS. Tire Pressure and Brake Temp. I can see outside red tires as well. So, I open FMC and cool brakes and restore tires. Still Tire Pressure message.

Is there a way to prevent tires and brakes messages in order to go to the Gate?

Sometimes, I get those tire and brake message off from EICAS after FMC FS Actions. 

I am be able then to move the plane and is when I get another message, Config Flaps with annoying beep sound. I can't taxi to the Gate with that "Config Flaps" sound. So I close FSX to reload the plane for another flight. Rarely I was be able to be on the Gate without problem. Any ideas?

Patricio Valdes

3 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Hello to all. I have similar brakes problems with PMDG. All the time after landing and stop in near the end of runway I can't taxi going to the Gate. The plane stuck in runway and it won't move ahead. I see the message from EICAS. Tire Pressure and Brake Temp. I can see outside red tires as well. So, I open FMC and cool brakes and restore tires. Still Tire Pressure message.

Is there a way to prevent tires and brakes messages in order to go to the Gate?

Sometimes, I get those tire and brake message off from EICAS after FMC FS Actions. 

I am be able then to move the plane and is when I get another message, Config Flaps with annoying beep sound. I can't taxi to the Gate with that "Config Flaps" sound. So I close FSX to reload the plane for another flight. Rarely I was be able to be on the Gate without problem. Any ideas?

Try this, see if this helps.

As for the flap configuration message, if you're applying a lot of power with the flaps not in the take-off setting, that's going to happen. There's really no reason why you should be taxiing using that much power in the first place.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

What are your autobrake setting, flaps, weight and outside air temperature at landing? And do you use speedbrakes and reversers?

Also what is the thrust required during taxi out before takeoff?

Pressure and brake temperature messages come from the fuse plugs melting on the wheels resulting from an excessive braking action.

A reason for that could be that the hardware you use for the brakes is not properly calibrated.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

16 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

As for the flap configuration message, if you're applying a lot of power with the flaps not in the take-off setting, that's going to happen. There's really no reason why you should be taxiing using that much power in the first place.

Hello my Captain Kevin, after landing, stuck on runway, fixing tires via FMC I tried to throttle up a bit taking care do not go higher than 35 knots but didn't move at all. Applied a bit more speed the message config flaps again.

I will watch that clips I am sure will learn even more. Thanks a lot.

Patricio Valdes

5 hours ago, Budbud said:

What are your autobrake setting, flaps, weight and outside air temperature at landing? And do you use speedbrakes and reversers?

Autobrake 2, flaps 25 I didn't check weight and temperature. Speedbrakes armed right after flaps 1. Reversers, as soon as the plane touch ground I reduce all speed from Throttle (joystick) and press F2 and at 80 knots I press F1. Sometimes I notice the plane not braking and I apply brakes manually. I think due to manual brakes is what the tires get trouble and stuck on runway. I need to figure out in other flight.

Also what is the thrust required during taxi out before takeoff?

Not higher than 35 knots.

Pressure and brake temperature messages come from the fuse plugs melting on the wheels resulting from an excessive braking action.

Should I manually brake briefly like stop and go? If so, the plane will stop on the other side of runway.

A reason for that could be that the hardware you use for the brakes is not properly calibrated.

I use Wingman joystick not sure if spikes are present. Soon I am going to replace it because too old.

Patricio Valdes

26 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

Hello my Captain Kevin, after landing, stuck on runway, fixing tires via FMC I tried to throttle up a bit taking care do not go higher than 35 knots but didn't move at all. Applied a bit more speed the message config flaps again.

I will watch that clips I am sure will learn even more. Thanks a lot.

The video I linked to was posted by Kyle, and he goes through the proper procedures of how to repair your tires after you've blown them. If you don't do this correctly, what'll happen is when you replace the tires without cooling the brakes, your tires will blow again. If that happens, you'll have a hard time trying to move the plane. Then, because you're trying to apply a lot of thrust to get the plane to move, you've likely set enough power to trigger the take-off configuration warning, and since the plane thinks you're going to take off and your flaps are retracted, you'll get that flap configuration warning.

Also, 35 knots is a speed, not a thrust setting. Thrust setting would be based off of N1.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

16 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

Autobrake 2, flaps 25 I didn't check weight and temperature. Speedbrakes armed right after flaps 1. Reversers, as soon as the plane touch ground I reduce all speed from Throttle (joystick) and press F2 and at 80 knots I press F1

Ok, everything normal here, shouldn't cause an overheating of the brake here but...

Sometimes I notice the plane not braking and I apply brakes manually. I think due to manual brakes is what the tires get trouble and stuck on runway. I need to figure out in other flight.

... this can. It's difficult to measure out the manual braking on a desktop simulator when not feeling the deceleration especially when the plane is rushing to the runway end with the fear or overrun it.

Should I manually brake briefly like stop and go? If so, the plane will stop on the other side of runway.

Sometimes I notice the plane not braking and I apply brakes manually.

Are you using fsuipc with a script for the friction or anything else altering the friction in FSX? Unless the runway is very short (less than 2200m I would say), the aircraft should reach a taxi speed well before the end of the runway using autobrake two combined with automatic speedbrakes and reversers.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

14 minutes ago, Budbud said:

Unless the runway is very short (less than 2200m I would say), the aircraft should reach a taxi speed well before the end of the runway using autobrake two combined with automatic speedbrakes and reversers.

Agree... also, note that if your ground speed is decreasing and you don't have an autobrake message then they are probably working as intended.  Not having a g forces in a PC simulator means you need to look for clues that you are decelerating.

30 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

I use Wingman joystick not sure if spikes are present. Soon I am going to replace it because too old.

I guess this means you are using a button on the joystick for brakes.  This doesn't work very well in the 777 because a button press is equivalent to hard braking... and hard braking is not something the 777 will tolerate for long. You should consider a set of pedals along with a quality set of throttle and stick or yoke controllers.  Regardless, look for the autobrake message because autobrake is working until it appears.  The autobrake setting of 2 works on most runways on which the 777 operates, so let it do it's thing.  Also, get the reversers deployed as soon as you land because they work best at high speeds.

Dan Downs KCRP