Sign in to follow this  
RoyalGuard

Out of Memory Error Help

Are you sure it's an oom ctd? It will crash to a black screen with a white box that says "FSX has run out of memory". Maybe you're just having a "normal" CTD caused by overheat, overclock, corrupted texture, dll, anything. People see all this talk about out of memory errors and instantly assume when FSX crashes that's what happened. If you all had loaded in the scenery library was the TLPL addon and "normal" settings(1024 textures, 4.5-5.5 lod, normal traffic and autogen) there is no way you would use more than 4gb of vas. NO way. Now if you had every Orbx addon and 20 megasceneryearth states as well, all that will be loaded and take up vas even if you're flying in the caribbean. Even orbx dlls take up vas.

Are you sure it's an oom ctd? It will crash to a black screen with a white box that says "FSX has run out of memory". Maybe you're just having a "normal" CTD caused by overheat, overclock, corrupted texture, dll, anything. People see all this talk about out of memory errors and instantly assume when FSX crashes that's what happened. If you all had loaded in the scenery library was the TLPL addon and "normal" settings(1024 textures, 4.5-5.5 lod, normal traffic and autogen) there is no way you would use more than 4gb of vas. NO way. Now if you had every Orbx addon and 20 megasceneryearth states as well, all that will be loaded and take up vas even if you're flying in the caribbean. Even orbx dlls take up vas.

I have FTX installed. I am certain it was an OOM. I adjusted some sliders and used others tweaks as well, and had a d3d11.dll error on landing, which made me want to punch a wall. Not really sure what caused that one, but that's a completely different subject. I'll have to do a test flight tomorrow!

Signature2.png

had a d3d11.dll error on landing, which made me want to punch a wall. Not really sure what caused that one,

D3d11.dll CTD with Sweet FX – Remove KB2670838.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

D3d11.dll CTD with Sweet FX – Remove KB2670838.

Best regards,

Once again, a very special thanks to you and to this forum! Just uninstalled it and hopefully everything returns to normal now!!

Thanks again. Will report how my test flight for the OOM errors go!

Signature2.png

I'd just like to advise that using my typical settigns (adjusted a bit in accordance to the post firehawk shared with me) I was able to complete a flight in my PMDG 737-800. This plane, however does not bear TOO much of a tax on the computer and I will be trying a much more sophisticated flight into Paris in a 777 to see if my sytem can withstand this plane!

Thanks again for all the help you all have been and I will report back in as soon as I have been able to complete my long haul to paris!

Thanks

Signature2.png

Hello, I want to just thank everyone here, and I think this one is solved after making adjustments as firehawk44 suggested! Very huge help, and thanks to everyone for their help, I am very thankful!

Signature2.png