Sign in to follow this  
TrafficPilot

Which Nvidia driver is your favourite for DX10 with the fixer?

Guys

What are your favourite stable drivers for NVIDIA cards using DX10 and Steve's DX10 fixer?

I tried the latest Nvidia ones (331?) but the performance seems a bit worse than my previous stable 314.14 drivers?

Any thoughts? I'd like to experiment with other versions of the driver.

I'm using a GTX 650 2GB RAM card.

Adam

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

if it  ain't broke why fix it !!!!  every system is a bit different and your mileage might vary.

Always the newest! 

There's no such thing as a driver that ain't broke! Ask Nvidia.   :lol:

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

thanks for your thoughts.

I'll stick with my 314.14's for now then ^_^

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Some people like to stick with the old things. It's everybody's own choice. :lol:

Spirit

Guys

What are your favourite stable drivers for NVIDIA cards using DX10 and Steve's DX10 fixer?

I tried the latest Nvidia ones (331?) but the performance seems a bit worse than my previous stable 314.14 drivers?

Any thoughts? I'd like to experiment with other versions of the driver.

I'm using a GTX 650 2GB RAM card.

Adam

FS-Simmers,

I have Nvidia driver version 327.23 and DirectX Runtime version 11.0 for my GeForce GTX 650 2GB. 

I intend to install Steve's DX fixer and I would appreciate recomendations to setup my system for DX10.  Also I would appreciate gudance on the following

(1) Should I install the fixer in my dedicated FSX Drive and Folder? or should I install it in the c:\Program Files(x86) ?

(2) Is the DX Fixer something I can remove on a simple fashion in case something goes wrong and I require to go back?

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

1)  I suggest you install it into c:\Program Files(x86)

2) It can be simply uninstalled in your Windows control panel, like any other installed software.

3) It is very straightforward and includes a very comprehensive manual.

If you follow the instructions and recommendations within it, you won't go far wrong.

At any stage you can return to Dx9 mode, nothing will have been harmed, though as a few of us have found, FSX may well work better than it did.

But that's another story.

(and even further off topic than this)

Regards,

Nick

1)  I suggest you install it into c:\Program Files(x86)

2) It can be simply uninstalled in your Windows control panel, like any other installed software.

3) It is very straightforward and includes a very comprehensive manual.

If you follow the instructions and recommendations within it, you won't go far wrong.

At any stage you can return to Dx9 mode, nothing will have been harmed, though as a few of us have found, FSX may well work better than it did.

But that's another story.

(and even further off topic than this)

Regards,

Nick

Nick

I purchased and installed the plug-in. Looks great. It was easy to install. Thanks a lot for the advice.

Alvaro.

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

My strategy: if your card is of the current generation always get the latest driver.  If you card is a generation behind or older, upgrading will either be as good or even worse than your current driver for FSX.  The only reason to upgrade in the second case is if a new game which you installed needs driver updates to perform well, otherwise it's best to leave well enough alone IMO.  I'm currently parked at 320.49 with my 660 ti: FSX runs superbly and so does the recent Tomb Raider game.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)